Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Caved in...ordered Timber Peak
04-01-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: Caved in...ordered Timber Peak
So... To be the rotten apple, so far I feel that the Timber Peak expansion has a powercreep element in it that makes a 'snowball' effect more likely for either heroes or zombies. It changes the game from strategic survival horror to a more combat oriented game.

I am not always a fan of this, however I have not tried to mix the cards from the base game with the TP cards, maybe that will help.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the additional info. I don't mind more frustration and more challenging.
I plan to mix with cards from the other games. So even though i have to reach high to draw a card Watchmen02 maybe some of the "powercreep" effects will be diluted.

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
04-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Mixing TP with the other expansions and base game dilutes the power-creep perfectly. I really think that TP was designed to be a regular expansion and the Frog decided to make it a standalone later on.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille
04-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Finally came in!!!!
Haven't had a chance to play yet. Hopefully this weekend.
Reading through the Rulebook....

Zombie17

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
04-09-2013, 08:43 PM
I want this expansion so F-ing bad!!!!!
04-10-2013, 01:24 AM
I will be mixing all cards together
04-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I have timber peak (it's the only one I've got but I've played the original with growing hunger) and my initial experience has been good. Gaining experience adds another level to the game. Though to be frank I didn't enjoy the 'learning to survive' scenario as much as there isn't an objective as such, it's just killing zombies (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Hope you enjoy the game, it make a great game even better.
04-11-2013, 09:00 PM
(04-11-2013 06:14 PM)mavorik Wrote:  I have timber peak (it's the only one I've got but I've played the original with growing hunger) and my initial experience has been good. Gaining experience adds another level to the game. Though to be frank I didn't enjoy the 'learning to survive' scenario as much as there isn't an objective as such, it's just killing zombies (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Hope you enjoy the game, it make a great game even better.

It appears I will be spoon-feeding my gaming crew all the additional rules with the expansions. May not integrate Timber Peak until another couple of games or so. But I am anxious to start using the experience points. This game does have an RPG feel to it already.