Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cell - Stephen King
02-11-2011, 02:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2011 11:08 AM by Old Dwarf.)
RE: Cell - Stephen King
Alice now that you helped bring this thread back from the dead,what did you think the ending should be?
I have never forgiven King.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2011, 10:40 PM
I liked Cell. The whole hive-mind theme to the zombies peaked my interest, I dont think I had ever seen that take on it before. Didnt make my top 10 but a fun read all the same.

I just started World War Z - is it any good? Only a couple pages deep so far.
05-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I won't spoil anything for anyone, but I liked it up until everything changed, if you read the book you know what I mean. King is a good writer, but he just has such a hard time with endings
05-14-2011, 06:29 PM
(05-13-2011 09:49 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  I won't spoil anything for anyone, but I liked it up until everything changed, if you read the book you know what I mean. King is a good writer, but he just has such a hard time with endings

Yep. I read Tommyknockers and It and got to the end of both and swore not to read any more King. I love his work regarding character and how he tackles subjects like childhood. Then you get to the end and you think jeez did he just take acid for the last few pages?
05-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Hmm... Ive read almost to the end of the dark tower, and now I get the feeling I shouldnt continue? Is it that bad?

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
05-15-2011, 06:45 AM
That has been so for every King book I have ever read.
Intens, nice character building and then some weird or just dumb ending.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user