Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chainsaw + Bitten???
07-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Chainsaw + Bitten???
Hey guys, another question:

I fought my friend (hero) in hand to hand combat, he killed my zombie, so I bite him ('Bitten' card), next time his hero gets wounded he becomes a zombie hero.

The next turn, I attacked him and played another card (something Instincts?) where you take a melee weapon from the Hero Discard pile and use it's combat bonus til end of turn against the hero. Naturally I yoinked a chainsaw and cut his shit up with it. His hero had full health (no wounds), but had effects of bite on him. Chainsaw was an instant kill (fill up wound markers with wounds), he argues that his hero DIED completely and was removed from the game, I argued that his hero did die, but in doing so was AT LEAST wounded in "the fight" (took two wound counters) and therefore fulfilled the text of 'Bitten' and becomes my zombie hero slave.

Clarification?
Thanks again!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2008, 10:37 AM
RE: Chainsaw + Bitten???
Good question. I can't really answer this one, 'cause I need to read the text on the cards or this one. (and I don't own the game myself) But i'm sure someone will help you out here! Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Mentara Wrote:Good question. I can't really answer this one, 'cause I need to read the text on the cards or this one. (and I don't own the game myself) But i'm sure someone will help you out here! Watchmen02

That the card reads "fill up the wound counters" I interpret that as a wound was taken to trigger bitten.
07-20-2008, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2008 03:17 PM by Sarku.)
Chains reads "automatically Killed" which is the "same" as "fill up the wound counters". Zombie03 But you are correct, him's a zombie now. RUN!!!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Perfect! We had a pretty heated debate about that and almost had to resort to real hand-to-hand in order to sort it out..
07-26-2008, 04:23 PM
So your friend's argument was predicated on the idea that his hero was too dead to become a zombie. Interesting. I think you were definitely in the right on this one.
07-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Next time roll a dice, high dice win the argument. That way you can move on, finish the game, then go get a ruling.
07-27-2008, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2008 03:35 PM by Emp.)
LSD Wrote:Next time roll a dice, high dice win the argument. That way you can move on, finish the game, then go get a ruling.

That is how we do things overhere as well.

But on this one...you can never be to dead to be a zombie Zombie17 Even the seperate pieces would come after you Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-29-2008, 06:41 AM
I don't know. A chainsaw to the brain would render a dead man too dead to be a zombie. I agree that you should leave it to chance one side gets high roll other gets low. There is a chance that the hero could've gotten his torso cut up enough to die but return a zombie or like I said before the strike could've cut the hero's brain in half. No brain no zombie.
08-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Someone better ask the creator, eh?