Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chandler House Rules
06-08-2014, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 01:45 PM by slyzod.)
Chandler House Rules
Hello everyone! I created some house rules for my group, I believe that this is the place to share these. If not, lemme know the right place and I'd be happy to move my post!

House Rules

Escape!

Purpose:
The ability for the zombies to overwhelm the living adds flavor and adds tension to overall game. The disruption in game balance created by this house rule is somewhat offset by the Hard 6 rule (described later). It also adds an element of teamwork and allows for moments of selfless heroism to occur by giving the players an opportunity to enter a space with an in-need teammate and give them the means to Escape!

Rule:
If a player begins their turn with no other players on a space with up to 2 zombies, that player cannot move or search unless they choose to roll to Escape! To pass they need a 4+.

If they pass, they can take their turn normally. They have escaped! The hero deftly scrambles through the rotting fingers and teeth of the zombie horde.

If they fail, they skip to their combat phase immediately (no searching, swapping, or shooting). A putrid hand grabs the hero's ankle as they attempt to flee, pulling them to ground.

If they do not try to escape, they skip their movement phase immediately (they can’t move or search) but they continue their turn normally. The player digs in their heels and grits their teeth, they are cornered but undaunted. Bring it on!

If a player begins their turn with no other players on a space with 3+ zombies, that player is considered overwhelmed and they skip their movement phase immediately (they can’t move or search) but they continue their turn normally. They’re everywhere!

A player that begins their turn in a space with another player takes their turn normally. I'll hold them off! Get outta here!

**SPECIAL RULE**
Johnny’s “Blitz” ability can be used in lieu of an escape role, allowing him to fight ONE zombie in that space and move away, win or lose, regardless of how many zombies are in the space. Johnny picks a rotten zombie from the pack and *BOOM* tackles his way through!

Search THEN Move

PURPOSE:
This house rule increases the involvement of players who would otherwise simply give up the majority of their turn and draw a card. Adding a small moment of intrigue helps maintain player attention and focus.

Rule:
Players may do BOTH movement phase actions on a roll of 6+. They can search and then move 1 space, for every number over 5, but not the other way around.

**SPECIAL RULE**
Billy’s “Track Star” ability give him an additional movement each roll, this will allow him to search, then move 1 space on a roll of 5, and 2 spaces on a roll of 6.

If another player has an effect on them that modifies their movement, they may move their model in this same manner.

Hard Sixes

Purpose:
This house rule gives an extra element of excitement during the fight phase. Normally, if a Zombie rolls a 6, it’s curtains for the player. With the Hard 6 rule, the player can have something to root for in a situation where they would otherwise be doomed and at worst not even roll. In addition, the rule somewhat softens the combat phase and balances the zombie ability to overwhelm players and pin them to a space on the board.

Rule:
A player fends off a zombie if they respond to the zombie roll of 6 with a roll of double 6s. Cards that modify combat so that the player wins on a tie will result in this being a kill (or a wound on a zombie hero). Effects that add or subtract from the die roll count.

If a zombie is able to roll double 6s(through a card effect or being a zombie hero) then it really is curtains. There is no defense against this horrifying undead feat.

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"
- Admiral Adama

(I know that "the hard six" is double 3s and "boxcars" is double sixes, but this is the end of the world we're dealing with folks! Lets not split hairs.)

Well, that's it for now. Please feel free to comment and criticize. I have a custom scenario that I'm working on currently that I would love feedback on. It adds a bit of suspicion in the human ranks. Who can they really trust?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply