Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Choose a hero V. Random Hero
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 10:17 PM by Atraangelis.)
RE: Choose a hero V. Random Hero
Teaching/new- i let them chose.

Vets ( 1 or more games under belt)- random!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2012, 11:36 PM
I suspect that I will be playing two games on Saturday with six players. I think that I will offer the players to choose from the eight base characters in the first game (Truck) and then leave the second (Manor) to chance. I'll let you know how it goes.

Does that look like a scratch or a bite?
Find all posts by this user
10-05-2012, 11:04 PM
(10-04-2012 11:36 PM)funcall Wrote:  I suspect that I will be playing two games on Saturday with six players. I think that I will offer the players to choose from the eight base characters in the first game (Truck) and then leave the second (Manor) to chance. I'll let you know how it goes.

I like that balance. Also changes up the dynamics a little bit from one game to another, which'll make things fresher.

Although I wonder if people would prefer to choose during the second game after they've seen how some of the characters play and are a little more informed about who they like/don't like?
10-06-2012, 09:38 PM
My method was already linked to.

But really I've found it works well because it keeps it random but lets both sides feel like they have a say in who the heroes are. The first four random keep unliked heroes in the mix, as well as frequently banned heroes, and Bans allow the zombie to take out two most deadly heroes left.

Getting the random choice size down to eight heroes feels very nice for me and my gamers. It also gives you a nice 4 hero pool for respawns.
10-08-2012, 03:45 AM
I played Escape in the Truck yesterday with myself and five new players. I let them choose and we ended up with Becky, Sally, Jake and Fr. Joseph. Between Fr. Joe and Sally and the zombies poor rolling it was a more fun than close game. Next time it'll be a random choice for sure.

Does that look like a scratch or a bite?