Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Chronicle of the Zombie Wars
05-28-2015, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 05:51 PM by jeffd1830.)
Chronicle of the Zombie Wars
I'm going to attempt to post game reports from now on. But to start with, I will try to reconstruct a brief list of my past games here, along with anything of note, to the best of my recollection.

Group A

February 2015:

LNoE: Die, Zombies, Die! - We were surprised at how close it was as it came down to the very last round. We had some rules mistakes at this point as we were still learning the game, but I think we had enough mistakes that they balanced evenly between the Heroes and zombies. It was a while back, but off the top of my head, I think we were forgetting that you could only search inside of a building, and we were letting the Zombie player use more than one Fight card per fight.

LNoE: Escape in the Truck - All the zombies were piled onto the truck, but then a Hero was used as bait to take them off and an explosion was set off to kill them. This was also down to the last one or two rounds.

LNoE: Burn 'em Out. - We were searching too much because at first we thought we had to get Fire & Explosive items. Then we realized that the scenario only required Explosive items (I guess the Spawn Pits count as having fire within them already...)

We took a hiatus from the game for a couple months while I was painting miniatures.

May 2015:

TP: Blow up the Town! - A fire was started and continued to burn the lumber yard quadrant of the board. Turns were running low, so Sheriff Anderson and Alice had to do a hand-off and allow Alice to get attacked in order to get the Explosive to the quadrant with the Power Relay station, where he succeeded in his mission but was then killed and turned into a Zombie Hero. After this, Ed Baker had to get the explosives from Sally and run through the fire risking damage in order to set the last required explosive.

IFOS: Unleashed (with one player from our group missing, so 2 players only this time) - The weakness ended up being the cabbage. The Martians had good luck spawning and surrounding one area of the board with a couple heroes in it, so the heroes were pretty useless until one of the them died and then the Strong Man showed up.

Group B

February 2015:

LNoE: Escape in the Truck.

LNoE: Die, Zombies, Die!

We took a hiatus from the game for a couple months while I was painting miniatures.

LNoE: Run For It! (Web Scenario)

LNoE: Hold The Line (Game Suppement)

May 2015:

LNoE: Zombie Pillage (Game Supplement) - The turns actually ran out this time, causing the Heroes to win. The ending was awesome, though. Amanda and Sally had a thing going on between them, and Amanda ran outside to try to blow up a zombie with some dynamite. She lit the dynamite and threw it but it landed in the zombies mouth and it swallowed it and kept after her, biting her on the face. She lost her turn, so Sally had to come out to heal her. At the end of the scenario, after all the action was over, Jade appeared in the center of the board to announce that she was done with her new hair color. (her paint job was finished.) Well, something like that, anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply