Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cinco De Mayo.... Oh My...
05-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Cinco De Mayo.... Oh My...
It's that time of year again and I'm not sure to love or hate it. I live in Las Vegas, Nv in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. Every Christian holiday and some non Christian holidays are the cause of great spectacle and fanfare around here. None are more lively than Cinco De Mayo. Now, I have never really had an issue with it until the last few years. I should say I've never really had to notice it until recently. It always seems to fall on a weekday or one leading into a weekday, and there are at least three party hardy neighbors within "adjacent" spaces of my home and two of which employ LIVE mariachi bands... Sometimes until 2am.... Now I'm torn because, we get dragged over and stuffed with some of the best damn food, and the visions of semi-thick Latino women stuffed in way too tight clothing is always a welcome sight like the sugarplum fairies on Christmas Eve... What to do, what to do.... Zombie17

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 05:17 PM
RE: Cinco De Mayo.... Oh My...
Sounds like you should embrace the tradition, and just caffeine up the next day.
05-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah, that's been the morning after "tradition"... Fat bottom girls make this rockin world go round... As well as carne asada, chorizo, sopapillas, burritos the size of my forearm, NOM NOM NOM! Oh it's sooo hard... Watchmen02

05-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Left the first party, got the meat sweats... Supposed to go to two more, think I might only make one... I'm soooo full, looks like I'm carrying a zombaby...

05-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Go for it. I wish I was there!
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 04:24 PM
I ate more last night than I did at thanksgiving or Christmas.. I think I have a food hangover, just still full. It was fun, and they all shut down by 1am!!