Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cleaver and Baseball Bat
01-17-2011, 08:57 PM
RE: Cleaver and Baseball Bat
Wasn't 'two handed' weapon rule brought in Growing Hunger? Cause Baseball Bat is from the basic game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
(01-16-2011 10:20 PM)Nebulon Wrote:  Combat modifiers stack. Think of it this way, your not using the just the Bat (or just the Cleaver), your having a fight with multiple blows and using whatever you have to do it. Its not a single swing. In your example fight, the Hero blasted the Zed in the mid section with the Bat causing its rotten form to double over a little, exposing its neck to the Hero, who deftly lopped the Zed's head off with the Cleaver, instantly killing it.

I am right there with you. I often use these types of visualizations to explain rules and card mechanics. This is exactly how I would have described it had I been playing the heros and had this combination come up.

But this combination came up while I was playing the zeds. I don't remember what the specific numbers were, but he started using the Bat to try and get doubles to kill my zed. His first additional roll was a 6, but he didn't catch that he could trigger the Cleaver and I didn't say anything (a little snakey, I know, but I was getting my arse handed to me!). He kept rolling and eventually got the doubles, so it didnt make much difference anyways.
01-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Orguss: Think of it like this. You can use a bat one-handed to stagger a zombie, while carrying the cleaver in the other. You take advantage of the stagger to drive the cleaver deep into the zombie's skull.