Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Co-Op Questions
03-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Co-Op Questions
While playing 2 player Co-op vs Nazis, we ran into a couple situations that had fuzzy rules that needed interpretation on the fly. I am just curious how my fellow FANGers would have played it...

Nazi Secret Base in a Deep Jungle space: Do Deep Jungle rules apply here? Meaning, do we have to first find it before attempting the first Danger? If so, do we still get the bonus 2 gold if we are successful?

My gut says that, yes, we do have to search for it. How to handle the bonus gold is the fuzzier issues, as I see it, there are three options:
A. You just don't get it.
B. The bonus gold is placed on the board under the Secret Base token, and you collect when you defeat it.
C. The Nazis start with the bonus gold. This would also give them a slight advantage to start, since every 3 gold is turned in and the track moves forward.

Nazi Tactics - Occupation: What happens if a Hero is already in a city that becomes Occupied? Wording on the tactics cards says "Anytime a Hero moves into an Occupied City, their move immediately ends and they must draw a Nazi Enemies card to Fight." If the Hero is already there, do they have to fight Nazis immediately, or does this only trigger when a Hero moves into that city?

I can see this one going either way:
A - No, they don't have to fight since the wording specifically says "moves into."
B - Yes, they do have to Fight because Heroes and enemy tokens/minis cannot share the same space without being immediately resolved. This line of thinking is based more on how FFG games in general handle Heroes and Baddies sharing spaces: ATOE, COPE, and FANG Nazi (Soldiers/Mobsters) support this. LNOE and IFOS are a little different, but they must Fight every time they end a turn sharing a space. FANG Villains is the only true exception.

Curious what your thoughts are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: Co-Op Questions
the first question I would said B - collect after the base is defeated
but I can see any of the three options, just that B is how I would
play it.

The second question I would also say B

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply