Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Co-Op Villains
01-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Co-Op Villains
I truly apologize if this has been answered elsewhere:

When playing Co-Op, are the vile villains played simultaneously? In other words, assuming there are two villains and both are in the readied state, do you place both of them on the board at differing artifacts?

I had assumed that you did, but after watching some game play videos of late, I am not too sure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: Co-Op Villains
The rulebook is pretty clear on this. It's precise wording. Reread the villain phase in it. (In short, you place the villain cards that are in the game in an order and they trigger in that order.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2013, 03:47 PM
I agree it can be confusing but if you do follow the rule book it makes sense. If both are readied at the beginning of the villain phase you can deploy them at that time. They don't adventure until the next villain turn.
01-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Right, each villain takes a turn based on their current state during the Villain's Adventure phase. There is a little chart in the book that tells you what they can do in each state. They all get a turn every time.
01-15-2013, 02:04 PM
....and don't forget to draw the villain event cards like I always do. Or forget to roll for soldiers/HQs to be placed, or forget the zeppelin.

You may want to write yourself a nice cheat sheet as a reminder. i did.
01-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Thank you very much.

I had thought I was playing the game properly (except for that darned sneaking past the villain jazz) - but I wasn't too sure.

Much appreciated.
01-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Sneaking past the villains, or even better, sneaking into bases, while not clear in their description when you read it, make total sense once you actually do it.

It took us a while to figure it out completely. Now as long as we have either Jacques or Duke Dudley (for Nazis) we always raid bases for ill gotten artifacts. Especially if that darned Dark mastery card is in play (or any of the Dark XXX for that matter), it pays to steal the artifact from the vile organization.
01-24-2013, 04:29 PM
(01-16-2013 03:20 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  Sneaking past the villains, or even better, sneaking into bases, while not clear in their description when you read it, make total sense once you actually do it.

It took us a while to figure it out completely. Now as long as we have either Jacques or Duke Dudley (for Nazis) we always raid bases for ill gotten artifacts. Especially if that darned Dark mastery card is in play (or any of the Dark XXX for that matter), it pays to steal the artifact from the vile organization.

I played my first coop game last night and we wont the game by raiding outposts...but we were also not putting fortune back into the pool when the vile organization would get 3 fortune..so I think we took 6 from them at one point..that kind of swayed the game in our favor haha..just a tad bit. Do the Vile organizations just hold onto the artifacts forever? Because once they get a couple you could just take them all at once by raiding an outpost. Maybe that's made clear in the rules but I don't have my rulebook in front of me...

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-24-2013, 06:21 PM
(01-24-2013 04:29 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  Do the Vile organizations just hold onto the artifacts forever? Because once they get a couple you could just take them all at once by raiding an outpost. Maybe that's made clear in the rules but I don't have my rulebook in front of me...

I think you can only steal 1 artifact at a time per the rule book. However are you forgetting to move the villain track up for every artifact they have received? I think it is two steps per artifact. Also I know it has been debated but I typically play you can not move the track back when taking artifacts, only fortune.
01-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Good call on only stealing 1 artifact, that is what the rules say. And I haven't played with not moving the tracker back when artifacts are stolen but it makes a lot of sense as far as an equal balance...it seems easy to win as it is

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee