Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Co-op elder secrets
11-18-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2013 02:16 AM by LSD.)
Co-op elder secrets
Can someone please give me a breakdown on how to deal with the town elder secrets during s co-op game? When you "peak" at a secret and it's a reveal immediately, can you ignore it? When paying to look at a secret must you reveal it? This is the one aspect that always trips us up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: Co-op elder secrets
(11-18-2013 02:15 AM)LSD Wrote:  Can someone please give me a breakdown on how to deal with the town elder secrets during s co-op game? When you "peak" at a secret and it's a reveal immediately, can you ignore it? When paying to look at a secret must you reveal it? This is the one aspect that always trips us up.

Yes you can ignore i.e. not activate the secret with "peak" character ability / event card. You may wish to activate the Secret if it's a good one e.g. Hero of the People.

When you pay Investigations to look you must reveal.

There have been lots of thread discussion on this (it has confused me too, along with whether to reveal Secrets when an Elder is killed) and also a debate on whether it's just too risky to bring any unrevealed Elders to a Showdown.
11-20-2013, 03:56 AM
@LSD - Check out this thread.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...1#pid33521

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
11-20-2013, 04:52 AM
Saw the other thread but wanted to focus purely on co-op
11-20-2013, 05:02 PM
(11-18-2013 02:15 AM)LSD Wrote:  Can someone please give me a breakdown on how to deal with the town elder secrets during s co-op game? When you "peak" at a secret and it's a reveal immediately, can you ignore it? When paying to look at a secret must you reveal it? This is the one aspect that always trips us up.

You're not alone LSD. When I started playing this I found the Elder secrets section of the rules quite vague.
11-20-2013, 05:44 PM
In my game, here's how we play (since we only play co-op):

When you pay to look at an elder's secret, it reveals it. When you use a card to peek, it doesn't reveal it, even if it's a "reveal immediately".

It keeps it pretty simple and straightforward.
11-20-2013, 09:15 PM
LSD, can you define what you mean by "peak" in your original post?

11-20-2013, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 11:45 PM by MoonSylver.)
(11-20-2013 09:15 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  LSD, can you define what you mean by "peak" in your original post?

I would assume any of the instances of card play or special ability that say "Look at the secret without revealing".

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-21-2013, 04:16 AM
(11-20-2013 11:44 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(11-20-2013 09:15 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  LSD, can you define what you mean by "peak" in your original post?

I would assume any of the instances of card play or special ability that say "Look at the secret without revealing".

I would think that too - but that seems to answer its own question of do you have to reveal it - so I thought maybe LSD meant something else by "peak". I wanted to make sure we were answering the right question.

11-21-2013, 01:56 PM
There was an event card that actually said "peak" on it iirc.