Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CoPE Apocalypse!
10-30-2012, 04:48 AM
RE: CoPE Apocalypse!
You guys can talk to FF directly? Would they happen to have any news about IFOS? Zombie17

I wonder if FFP will eventually sell COPE miniatures, much like what they've done with LNOE.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm speaking to someone (I have no idea who) through their facebook page using private messages. In the 24 hours that I have been speaking to them, they have replied thrice (which is understandable, because my location isn't exactly the best for timezone purposes).

I have not heard of anything with regards to IFOS. Unfortunately for you, the rumors I've heard are that after 2012 there will be another LNOE expansion (Blood in the Forest), and a FanG expansion. No news on IFOS but that doesn't shut it out entirely. Though that probably implies that you'll need to wait for Q3-Q4 at the earliest for a IFOS expansion, if at all, as rumors aren't really being thrown around just yet.
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Cool! Hmmm i already have LNOE, ATOE, and IFOS, maybe its just a matter of time before I end up getting a copy of COPE and even FANG.

Just an idea - what if, to differentiate IFOS from LNOE, FFP comes up with alien expansions, taking certain races from COPE as IFOS alien packs!

I think i better read up on COPE to see if its a game that floats my boat.
10-30-2012, 07:14 AM
It's probably the game that gets the least amount of love. I've taken it as a love it or hate it kind of game.

I've noticed that people are really hating on the games balance in terms of co-op play, as it's always one-sided. I haven't really experienced that, but I've only really played with 2 players. I'm assuming their issues really will come to fruition if you play with more than that. That said, competitive is boatloads of fun, with people screwwing each other over hardcore.

Alternate monsters can come with regards to the alien allies cards in the game. Multiple alien races could be a very interesting company, mainly because it's totally different from LNOE.
10-31-2012, 08:54 AM
CoPE is the most 'random' game of all the games FFP have made, or so we find it. However, it is also the fastest and great for an invading the earth while screwing your neighbours kind of game. If you like fun competitiveness, that might not be decided by the best moves but also by the dice, this is it.

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
11-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Somehow, I am lost as to how it is more random in terms of dicerolls.

The only main randomness I've found that they have over the other games is the Locations deck spawning Double Zeroes. Sometimes it gets quite frustrating. But on other occasions, I actually find this game less random because there is a static stat that's added onto a dice stat. In many occasions, it doesn't matter. In situations, you're only realistically guaranteed to lose 14% of the time, without outside influence. Whereas in LNOE, it's over a 50% win chance favored for the Zombies.
11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Finally got the chance to try this out thanks to Bokya. I'm all for a COPE expansion - this is a good game and I'd like to see how the Martians fare.
11-26-2012, 07:10 PM
When is the release date for this expansion BTW?
11-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Supposedly, it was set for December, but seeing as that it didn't end up getting posted in the Store, it most likely got Delayed. D:
11-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Their response to me last week:

Quote:We are working with our factory in China to get Conquest of Planet Earth: Apocalypse manufactured and into the hands of fans as soon as possible. The Holiday season is the busiest time of year for production and shipping and we do not yet have a firm release date. We will update Flying Frog fans with any new information on our website, Facebook page, Board Game Geek page, and Twitter.