Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Co-op vs competitive
08-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Co-op vs competitive
I bought COPE mainly for the miniatures to use in IFOS and it looked a fun light game. I've only played competitive so far (not a huge fan of complete co-op games like Pandemic and Dead of Winter as they tend to be really hard and it's no fun if everybody is losing). However with competitive COPE, I found that even with only 3 players, there's a lot of waiting around for your turn as people fight lots of battles that it can get a bit boring. Does co-op play change this much? I know you're all on the same side but you still have to wait for everyone to do their thing before you can go and at least in competitive play you have the incentive to try and stop others in their turn as it becomes more Munchkin style bash-the-leader towards the end. How are all your experiences with playing both versions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 03:31 AM
RE: Co-op vs competitive
I really wish I could answer. I enjoy COPE, but, for reasons no one can put to words, no one that I play with ever wants to play it, so I've only played it a handful of times, all competitive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply