Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coach parker's ability
03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Coach parker's ability
can coach parker be used on grave dead or plague carriers? coach parker's ability says "cancel any fight with a zombie and immediately return it to the zombie pool". i figure grave dead are returned to the zombie pool but what about plague carriers? since they don't have a pool.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2011, 04:19 PM
RE: Coach parker's ability
Interesting question. Grave dead, certainly: they have a 'pool' (there is a maximum that can be placed). As for Plague Carriers, well, I'd just consider it a kill of it. There's no pool to return it to, but it'll still disappear from the board.

Thematically, that's what Coach Parker does -- he takes one (out) for the team.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-13-2011, 05:24 PM
On a related question, if a card says you can add X zombies from your pool , can you add grave dead? I'd say no, but somebody tried to argue yes.
03-13-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I believe that you can add grave dead as an alternative to adding standard zombies. I believe you actually can add grave dead when a card allows you to place zombies.

You just have to be careful, because you want to stretch out their use. Don't use them all at once!
03-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Yes, whenever* you can add zombies tot he board, you can instead turn in a few of them at a time to make grave dead.

* = I'd say not when filling a building from Taken Over... That's different.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Look for the wording difference between SPAWN and PLACE.

When ever you can SPAWN zombies, you can place grave dead instead. Cards that PLACE zombies must be regular zombies.
03-13-2011, 10:54 PM
(03-13-2011 04:19 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Interesting question. Grave dead, certainly: they have a 'pool' (there is a maximum that can be placed). As for Plague Carriers, well, I'd just consider it a kill of it. There's no pool to return it to, but it'll still disappear from the board.

Thematically, that's what Coach Parker does -- he takes one (out) for the team.

we have played it in the past that when played on a plague carrier that the fight is canceled since it doesn't have a pool it can't be returned to the pool. i really don't like the idea of them getting out of the fight and getting rid of the carrier for good it doesn't seem fair.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
03-14-2011, 07:56 PM
I think that either solution is viable the important thing is to get the players to agree beforehand if this issue is anticipated.
03-19-2011, 02:08 AM
If you look in the Growing Hunger FAQ on page 10 of the rulebook. It explains it.
GH Rulebook Wrote:Q-What happens if Coach Parker is played to return a Zombie Hero, Grave Dead, or Plague Carrier to the Zombie Pool?

A-Models that are "never returned to the Zombie Pool" such as Zombie Heros or Plague Carriers are left in place, though the fight is still cancelled. Grave Dead are returned to the Grave Dead Pool.
03-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Gnnnn.... Packer Zombie20