Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Combat clarifications
03-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Combat clarifications
First off, I apologize if these have been addressed elsewhere. I read through a couple sections but didn't remember seeing anything specific to my needs.

Scenario: Say random hero Rex Banner has the Meat Cleaver, Baseball Bat, and Med Kit. He runs into a tile with 2 zombies, and the fight starts.

Zombie-One rolls a 6. Rex rolls a 2 and a 5.

Question 1: Meat Cleaver reads that if hero rolls a 6 on any fight dice, zombie is instantly killed. Does this mean Rex can use the Baseball Bat and (assuming it doesn't break) continue rolling dice until he rolls a 6, at which point the zombie is killed and Rex takes no wounds?

Scenario: Rex breaks the bat on his second swing, and takes 1 wound. He still has Zombie-two to fight off now.

Question 2:
Since each zombie is considered a separate fight, can Rex now use the Med Kit to heal that wound before fighting the next zombie? The card reads that it cannot be used during a fight, but I presume that allows "between" fights?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2011, 12:47 AM
RE: Combat clarifications
You are correct on both accounts!

Question 1: this can be a brutal combo for the hero and would play out exactly as you describe.

Question 2: each zombie is considered its own fight, so you can heal between fights. The "except during a fight" is there to prevent you from healing in response to taking lethal damage during a fight.
03-19-2011, 02:59 AM
For question one I would say no, since you're only allowed to use one hand weapon per fight. Now if you were to have duct tape then yes this would be a very deadly combo
03-19-2011, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 05:19 AM by xraine69.)
You are allowed to use the combat bonus of both weapons you are carrying. Unless the card says otherwise, you are only allowed to use the Combat Bonus of a weapon once, but can use more than one Combat Bonus. Check page 15 of LNoE rulebook. The entry Hero Combat Bonus:Cards.

The benefit of Duct tape helps save weapons if they break, run out of ammo, etc. on a roll of 4+. Also the advantage of say 2 pistols, because you may fire both during your ranged attack and they count as one item/weapon towards carrying limits.
03-19-2011, 08:53 AM
(03-19-2011 03:04 AM)xraine69 Wrote:  Also the advantage of say 2 pistols, because you may fire both during your ranged attack and they count as one item/weapon towards carrying limits.

what is this munchkin.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
03-19-2011, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2011 01:31 PM by samuraitrev.)
Munkymuddface is right on both counts.

Don't forget your hero will have to fight the zombies again in the zombie turn, because he ran into them on the hero turn. (Having to fight 4 tmes)

Answer 1 You can use both hand weapons in one fight as they are one handed weapons. This is how I'd roll my dice

a) zombie rolls their one die, hero rolls their three dice.

b)Check result.

c1) Any 6's rolled. Zombie, Zombie Hero, Grave Dead is instantly killed. No if's or but's. Even if the Zombie got a 6 the Hero cannot be wounded. That's the rules. (test to see if Baseball Bat breaks)

c2) If the Hero didn't get a 6 but rolled doubles and at least one of the rolls was higher than the Zombies, then the Zombie takes one wound. Example Zombie rolls a (4). Heroes Roll (1+1+5). It's a Hero win. (test to see if Baseball Bat breaks)

c3) If the Zombie won the roll. (test to see if Baseball Bat breaks). If it didn't you can now use it again. Remember from the card 'The hero may use an extra fight dice' so use another dice each time. This can be done an unlimited time until the zombie is killed or the Baseball Bat breaks.

Answer 2 Yes the First Aid Kit can be used between the two fights.

Hope this helps if there's anything else I haven't explained clearly enough let me know.
03-19-2011, 03:21 PM
(03-19-2011 08:53 AM)deadrabbit Wrote:  
(03-19-2011 03:04 AM)xraine69 Wrote:  Also the advantage of say 2 pistols, because you may fire both during your ranged attack and they count as one item/weapon towards carrying limits.

what is this munchkin.

With duct tape, sorry I didn't make that part more clear.
03-19-2011, 04:11 PM
(03-19-2011 03:21 PM)xraine69 Wrote:  

what is this munchkin.

i understood, just saying its similiar to a munchkin card.

03-19-2011, 05:14 PM
(03-19-2011 04:11 PM)deadrabbit Wrote:  

what is this munchkin.

Sorry I missed it, never played Munchkin.
03-19-2011, 05:16 PM
(03-19-2011 05:14 PM)xraine69 Wrote:  
(03-19-2011 04:11 PM)deadrabbit Wrote:  

what is this munchkin.

Sorry I missed it, never played Munchkin.

i feel so behind with out sotf.