Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Combining Timber Peak with Original
06-07-2014, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 01:04 AM by Slurpee Shoes.)
Combining Timber Peak with Original
I just got Timber Peak today and I want to combine it with my original LNOE.

My question is about the Hero and Zombie decks that came with Timber Peak.

If I'm using Timber Peak rules and items etc..., then do I only use the Timber Peak Hero and Zombie Decks? Are my original LNOE Hero and Zombie decks now obsolete and destined to be dust collectors? Zombie16

My apologies if this has been covered in a previous post.

Thanks! Insane21

EDIT: Insane16Insane22Watchmen01Watchmen02Insane20
Well after posting this I dug around and found the discussions about this exact topic. It seems that the general consensus is that there is no general consensus. Do what feels right seems to be the answer to my question.

I suspect I'll initially keep the decks separate and mix everything else to get a good feel for the changes in TP.

Thanks for reading!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 02:59 AM
RE: Combining Timber Peak with Original
The cards have icons in the corners to sort them back out when you do mix them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2014, 03:02 AM
Mix 'em up! If you are worried about the large decks getting rid of the discard the last hero card win for the.zombies we multiply the discard cards by 3 since all base and.expansions make the deck about 3 times the size it equals out. Good luck!
06-07-2014, 01:28 PM
There are two schools of thought. To mix or not to mix. Some keep them separate to maintain the "flavor" of each expansion in a time line. Some mix to get the variety of cards in each game. It comes down to personal preference.

It may make a difference how often you get to play. If you're playing multiply times a week (or even a guaranteed once a week) I can see keeping them separate and playing through the story line of the expansions. For me personally though I get to play once a month if I'm lucky. When we play we like to heve the full variety available in the game so we mix 'em.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
06-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Having played with only the timber peak deck, I can state that it unbalanced the game for the heroes. The weapons are too powerful when the deck is not watered down with the base deck.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
06-08-2014, 02:42 AM
Mix 'em all up.Watchmen02
06-09-2014, 04:32 PM
As others have mentioned, there is no set rule. Timber Peak was designed as a "stand-alone expansion." So, that means you can play it as its own separate game, or you can combine it with the original. Heck, you can even do both, alternating as you see fit. It is really up to your preference.

For my personal preference, I plan to keep them mostly separate. I will still use a lot of the expansions (Grave Dead, Zombies with Grave Weapons, the various heroes, etc.) in both, but I will keep the cards mostly separate.

Though, from time to time I may want to combine for a massive game. It is easy enough to identify which cards came from which games/expansions in order to get them back however desired.

On a side note.... too funny....

I actually just got Timber Peak myself. My birthday was June 2, so this weekend I decided to treat myself to Timber Peak. Picked it up at my favorite local comic book store where I hold my weekly game nights with my group.
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Great stuff Staypuft. I'm already looking forward to your unboxing/review!
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
(06-09-2014 09:52 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Great stuff Staypuft. I'm already looking forward to your unboxing/review!

LOL! Why, thank you. I am actually planning to film a review of it. That and one on Survival of the Fittest (and the Zombies with Grave Weapons), and on the Advanced Abilities pack you can get from the web store. I still haven't gotten around to filming those, but hope to soon. Don't know when they will wind up actually being posted to YouTube after that. I tend to film a bunch of videos all at once and then just post at random each week. But, I will surely share a link here each time I post one. Watchmen02