Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Comeback mechanics
03-03-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Comeback mechanics
Keep on going. Sometimes the cards just fall right, and the tables will be turned.

Played a game recently, had 8 turns to cross the board with 3 heroes, with only 3 zombies ahead of us. Tried to escape through a building. BAM, lights out. fended of 1 zombie, second approached. BAM, overconfidence. Moved all my heroes there, BAM, bickering and next turn, LNOE, ran out of ammo, and 5 turns later, the zombiehorde catched up, beating me senseless. OUCH! So in my opinion, it's balanced as it is, and i mostly see close call victories.

It ain't over till the fat zombie growls.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I have had a similar game as the Zombies. It was search fir the truth and the Heros had all the items they needed and were on the sane L shape as the final location with several turns left and I was maxed out on zombies (14) and 8 of them had grave weapons the Heros had no shotgun or explosives so I was waiting for them in the farmhouse and BAM! fire extinguisher followed by fully barricade and a reinforcement card the Heros were going to get totally crushed in a fight and they sidestepped the whole thing for the win.

Through victory my chains are broken.
04-02-2012, 10:20 PM
(03-03-2012 11:10 PM)Darth Trey Wrote:  I have had a similar game as the Zombies. It was search fir the truth and the Heros had all the items they needed and were on the sane L shape as the final location with several turns left and I was maxed out on zombies (14) and 8 of them had grave weapons the Heros had no shotgun or explosives so I was waiting for them in the farmhouse and BAM! fire extinguisher followed by fully barricade and a reinforcement card the Heros were going to get totally crushed in a fight and they sidestepped the whole thing for the win.

You just reminded me of an epic game of Revenge of the Dead from last week. First time playing the scenario, my gf eyes lit up as I explained to her she would get an extra fight dice, 6 card hands & autospawn. We added Grave/Survival Decks for flavor.

We were not sure if 13 turns would be enough for zombies but I quickly learned just how easy it is to get overwhelmed between the extra fight dice and extra zombie cards.

Down to 4 turns and I had lost 3 heroes already (Zombie victory is ONLY by killing 5 heroes in this scenario, no other condition applies, not even deck depletion).

As a enormous swarm of zombies were munching on "poor" Billy (so much for his track star helping him outrun the horde). He was now her 4th Zombified Hero, I randomly drew Jade and since the Supermarket was being quickly over run, Victor, Stacy & Becky were making their way to the center board. Now Becky had been holding this lighter and using Survival Tactic: Spray Can Blow Torch almost the entire game, came in handy a couple of times when she got swarmed.

Now as luck would have it Jade, who in a gamble I chose to let her start in the center square so she could get a free hero card, drew a DYNAMITE!

So Becky rolled a very lucky 5 that let her end her move in the exact same space as Jade, she gave the nurse the dynamite and with one might lob the explosive took out 9 zombies including Zombie Billy. Now after moving the rest of the gang to the center square things were looking a lot better. Most of the board was cleared after the previous turn's Tide of the Dead had most zombies swarm Billy.

But wouldn't ya know, I spaced out on that previously Zombified Sam, the combination of the previously played Living Nightmare, Growing Hunger, Grave Weapon Machete & the scenario's extra fight dice made him an Uber Beast Boss type Zombie I had been running from all game long.

So while the dynamite zombie gore fest seemed to tip things in my favor, a lucky draw of the shamble card sealed poor Stacy's fate and lost me the game.

It came down to the wire, and it was an awesome back and forth struggle, you really never know who's going to come out on top on this game
06-19-2012, 12:49 AM
I like this idea, especially since the game is modelled after movies which (hopefully) have some kind of climactic ending.

However, 5 turns is a beast. 1/3 of some scenarios. Perhaps the last two turns only? If my group picks this up I'll probably paint the sun tracker to match,.,.