Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coming Black Plague Expansion?
04-13-2023, 09:20 PM
RE: Coming Black Plague Expansion?
I'm passing for now too. I'm not sure how they qualified this as a sequel to Black Plague. This really doesn't fit the setting at all. There are about 10 cool Samurai characters I like but that's not enough to commit at this $$$ level right now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2023, 10:25 AM
My god, they added a Teenage Mutant Turtle Expansion for $50! This KS is moving into Camp Territory.
Raynor is right this just doesn't fit into ZBP Setting.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
04-16-2023, 07:08 PM
(04-13-2023 09:20 PM)Raynor Wrote:  I'm passing for now too. I'm not sure how they qualified this as a sequel to Black Plague. This really doesn't fit the setting at all. There are about 10 cool Samurai characters I like but that's not enough to commit at this $$$ level right now.

2024 Expansion-might be cool figs.$35

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpan...sfire-pack

OD

04-19-2023, 07:01 PM
After about two weeks of reveals, I think there’s finally enough here to get me in at the core pledge. Unlike some of their previous campaigns this is a lot more hit and miss for me, however, The walls which were just announced are a game changer. I mean, yes I do want to play defend the castle walls from zombies with actual walls. Yes… yes I do. Nothing else has to particularly fit the BP setting with that bomb shell on the scale. Even so, there’s actually a ton of Stretchgoals so far, so they’ve built up a nice stable of mystical and samurai characters that’ll be fun to play even if I ignore half the box and don’t ever use the anthros and more obscure references that I don’t think fit the setting. All that, and the replacement upgrade decks for necromancers and aboms is going to be. A nice quality of life improvement that is very attractive.

Here’s hoping they release a MD2 crossover pack and the purchase will be fully justified.

I’m not a TMNT fan, nor am I a history buff, so most of the add ons are a pass for me.

I do like the Crossfire pack quite a bit, but for now I’m just Berserkers since they’re ks exclusive and I actually really liked their equivalent in Undead or Alive.

I’m still mystified this is the direction they chose to go for the sequel in this setting, but whatever. It’s looking cool enough even if I’m skeptical of a lot of the choices made
04-29-2023, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2023 05:28 PM by Raynor.)
I ended up backing at a dollar to think about this one.

I was quite happy with my $130 pledge of just Berserkers and the core game for AGES but by the end of the campaign I really wasn't sure what to do. They release a huge amount (Comparatively) of new enemy types, and even if I ignored the TMNT expansion and only got the on theme stuff, it was +$90 just for the new zombie types. My ideal add-on essentials including the walls and stuff was pushing close to 300 bucks, which was what the all-in for Undead or alive was.

A lot of what I wanted was marked as planned for retail too. I wasn't particularly interested in the majority of the KS Exclusive. But do I care enough to risk this not ever making it to retail? That's not usually been a problem with most Zombicide games, but it has been a consistent issue with other CMoN products.

At the end of the day I have TOO much zombicide, and this is not particularly my favorite thematic setting they've released for it. In theory I should be fine skipping over this one and just being content with what I have.

HOWEVER... it is part of Black plague, and when you put Walls and Orcs into a fantasy setting in a fun game, that means I can basically play the siege of Helm's Deep... Now who wouldn't want to do that?

Ah choices... Leading up to and During the campaign I played quite a bit of Undead or Alive and Black Plague trying to figure out which one was the weaker and therefore worth getting rid of. I ended up just liking both more than I previously had. They each have great strengths. Black plague has the setting and zombie variety. Undead or alive has a great setting too but with great rules.
04-30-2023, 11:37 AM
I managed to hold off, the KS just didn't grab me although I may
check out some of the expansions if they go retail.

OD

09-08-2023, 02:08 PM
Despite the hype I felt during this campaign, I ended up backing for a dollar and then just playing a ton of Black Plague over the following month to really iron out my feelings about what to do.

My ultimate decision was that while I quite like this game, it isn't worth the money I have invested into it, much less another 200-300 bucks to pick up more stuff while staying active with what my current collection contained. (already had plastic tokens, so would need to pick up more etc. Would want the new enemy types too)

I had been trying to downsize the collection for months without success before the new campaign, and after making the decision to not back the new stuff I finally just posted the entire thing for sale and it went pretty fast.

I had pretty much everything, and for me the best experience was Black Plague + Wulfsburg + Deadeye Walkers + Friends and Foes. If I could have kept just that, I would have, so I might keep an eye out and circle back around to grab just those from retail during a sale or something (minus the deadeyes) I also have Invader and Undead or Alive, so I might end up just sticking with them.

As I have found over time, sometimes not having everything for a game is actually best. Another big thing that hurt this for me was the dissolution of Go7 Inserts. My copy, the previous owner had chucked all the inserts so I had started to buy the Go7 inserts for the game and while I was waiting on them to restock the rest of the line, they announced they just were closing shop so I was left with proper organization for half a game! I could have forced it, but was able to repurpose the inserts for use with Undead or Alive in a manner that consolidated the game down to 4 boxes.

I'm gonna miss Black Plague. I liked the setting substantially more than Undead or Alive, but the ruleset, abomination variety, and quality is so much higher in the more recent game that I have a hard time wanting to pick BP as my primary Zombicide. Maybe one day I'll circle back around.
09-08-2023, 03:47 PM
I've been meaning to get BP back on the table, even wrote up a back story for the Scenario I chose
& selected the Survivors but I just haven't been motivated to set it up.

I have everything for BP & it's all painted ,so I really should get to it.

OD

09-11-2023, 09:11 PM
Everything AND painted - must be a glorious sight!