Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confession
08-03-2016, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 08:46 PM by mqstout.)
Confession
I have a confession to make.

For the first time since LNOE first came out in 2007...My favorite board game is not a Flying Frog game.

*pauses for gasps*

Yeah, I switched from LNOE to FANG as my favorite when FANG came out (I also really like COPE, but no one else ever wants to play it..., and ATOE: DG is brilliant, but not a frequent-play).

But lately, I've been playing a metric fuckton of Pathfinder Adventure Card game the last few months, and I just love it. It's a great game with TOOOOOOOONS of replayability, but also simple mechanics and huge amounts of player-brought narrative that sometimes gets wonky. (sound familiar? "highly replayable", "simple mechanics", "fun narrative elements"? Hmmm.) Plus, they embrace "modding", providing you official templates and even an official way to print your own cards.

I strongly recommend you ABSOLUTELY NOT play PACG. Lest you buy it and all its expansions. Which come out at a pace of about one a month.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 10:30 PM
RE: Confession
Well it is good for the soul......personally I tend to be fickle as to favorite Games.
FFP Games like F&G, AToE & SoB I enjoy as well as FFG's Eldritch Horror Series & BattleLore2.
Rubio Games Slaughterville & D-Z & recently CMoN Zombicide Black Plague also do it for me.

Then again every so often the old wargame historical bug bites so I jump around.

I think one of the reasons TZG has been around all these years is that in spite of being
an FFP Fan Site is that we can discuss other Games.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2016, 12:04 AM
My favourite game, at the moment, is Lord of the Rings. I run a club in the school I work in and these kids have seen the films but never played the game. In our last game 2 cave trolls took down Treebeard with some weird ability to throw constant 6's. It was awesome.
08-04-2016, 01:22 AM
The gaming group I hang with locally is made up of a bunch of game-prostitues. Zombie03. We will play anything! Card game, dice game, role play, etc!

For historical I like axis and allies.

For role play, we do plenty of savage worlds, son pathfinder, some 5th and, occasional hero system, and very occasional v&v.