Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Sally and guns
06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Question about Sally and guns
To be honest, I'm pretty sure I can assume the correct answer to my question. But, I thought perhaps it was worth asking anyway.

Sally's hero card states that she is lightweight and therefore cannot use any guns other than the revolver. However, if she happened to come across a different gun (for example, a shot gun), can she carry it long enough to pass it off to a different hero, or does she have to just instantly discard it?

Logically, thinking of it in a real life example, you could conceivably imagine that she is capable of carrying it, but it is just too big for her to actually use. However, I'm assuming that the implication of the card is that she must instantly discard any gun she may happen to find in the hero deck other than the revolver.

Follow-up question if she must instantly dicsard the bigger guns... if she happens to be in the same space as another hero when she finds the gun, can she exchange with the hero at that point since it doesn't involve her having to actually carry the gun? Again, I'm guessing the answer is still no, but I figured it was worth clarifying.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Question about Sally and guns
My group has always played that Sally is fully capable of carrying the larger gun with her (and thus can take it the five spaces to hand it off to Sheriff Anderson and get a revolver from him), she just can't hold it and aim it reliably (and thus gets no ranged attack with it). Buckshot in the ceiling does one no good, after all.

If there's an official ruling otherwise, though, it'd be great to know that.
06-13-2012, 03:47 PM
She may carry but not use... same as father joseph for instance...

May carry but not use...

If she is under the effect of Rise to the challenge however she would then be able to use any guns...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Wow! Awesome! Thanks, guys. I would have assumed otherwise, but if others are doing it that way (even if there may not be an official word on it), then I don't see a problem with integrating it myself.

Again, as I said, I feel like it makes sense logically enough. As I said, you could argue that it sounds reasonable that maybe she would be able to carry the gun, but just wouldn't be able to actually shoot it. I may try this from now on if the situation may happen to come up.
06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
As mentioned by others, she can carry the item. The card just says she can't USE it.

In the past, I read a similar question that was answered by Jason Hill himself regarding whether Father Joseph could keep guns in his inventory even if he couldn't use them and the answer was that he could carry them just not use them.

The reality would be that even if Father Joseph (due to his beliefs) and Sally (due to her small size) couldn't USE the weapon, they would still recognize the value of the item given the situation and would hold onto it to hopefully pass along to someone that COULD use it.