Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Couple quick rules questions
04-29-2014, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 11:41 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Couple quick rules questions
If you successfully rolled in the Spawn Zombies Phase
but you've got 14 Zombies on the board you can still turn those undead beauties into Grave Weapon Zombies (hint, hint).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 09:29 AM by Achtung Panzer.)
(04-29-2014 11:40 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  If you successfully rolled in the Spawn Zombies Phase
but you've got 14 Zombies on the board you can still turn those undead beauties into Grave Weapon Zombies (hint, hint).

And if you're playing Auto Spawn this applies too?

Must've miss read because I've been placing / spawning GWZ (cost of 2 Spawn) instead of replacing / upgrading existing Zombies already on the board.
04-30-2014, 03:44 PM
hmm.. interesting
04-30-2014, 03:59 PM
(04-29-2014 11:40 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  If you successfully rolled in the Spawn Zombies Phase

I have none of the expansions, so there's probably an easy answer to this, but...

How does one manage to roll more than 14 on 2D6?
04-30-2014, 04:36 PM
(04-30-2014 03:59 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  

I have none of the expansions, so there's probably an easy answer to this, but...

How does one manage to roll more than 14 on 2D6?

I was about to ask Trev the same thing. I think this is just an oversight. If you already have 14 zombies on the board, the only way you could add more would be by using the alternate "auto spawn" rule, and/or using the expanded zombie pool (21 or more zombies) and/or the Zombies with Grave Weapons supplement.
04-30-2014, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 11:55 PM by samuraitrev.)
(04-30-2014 09:27 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  And if you're playing Auto Spawn this applies too?

Absolutely

(04-30-2014 09:27 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Must've miss read because I've been placing / spawning GWZ (cost of 2 Spawn) instead of replacing / upgrading existing Zombies already on the board.

Great news for the Heroes. Achtung, you've been playing it wrongZombie20

...in place of spawning 2 new Zombies, they may give one of their Zombies a Grave Weapon card instead. (my emphasis)

To give a Zombie a Grave Weapon, draw a card from the Grave Weapons Deck and then choose any Zombie on the board that is NOT in the same space or adjacent space as a Hero. (or ANY Zombie on a Spawning Pit)
SotF rulebook p8

This means a Grave Weapon Zombie can appear on a Hero if they are stupid enough to be stood on a Spawning Pit with a Zombie.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Any questions fire awayWatchmen02

(04-30-2014 03:59 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  How does one manage to roll more than 14 on 2D6?

You can't.

You don't even roll 2D6 when the Zombies Auto Spawn rule is in place sorry if I was unclearWatchmen02
05-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Trev - I guess I misunderstood the reference to "one of the zombies". I see now it refers to the zombies already on the board. Thanks for that - I look forward to playing witht he GWZs.
05-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Ahhh, we've messed that one up too! Good man Trev! Zombie03
05-06-2014, 05:45 PM
deleted last post because I found my answer in the grave weapons rules... crazy what you find when you read these things!
10-11-2014, 03:58 AM
I see what you mean by the Move/Search Action and confusion with building a barricade.
I always thought it meant to build a barricade INSTEAD of moving or searching.
Because it all depends on the initial movement dice roll of 4+.
And you always roll your movement dice before deciding to Move or Search. So this counts as an alternative if you roll 4+.