Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crash Course and L4D2
12-02-2009, 05:02 AM
RE: Crash Course and L4D2
Sarku, you've probably already made your choice on Crash Course, but I guess I'll give my advice either way.

Crash Course is a sequel to No Mercy which, if I recall correctly, connects the No Mercy campaign to one of Left 4 Dead's other campaigns, though I can't remember which. It's seven dollars for two maps, so, if you math it ever so slightly, that's three dollars fifty cents a map.

When the maps first came out, the only real issue I had with them was that they were severely glitched. However, that issue has been fixed. Now, they're pretty good maps.

My only complaint is that they don't live up to No Mercy. No Mercy had one of the best finales of the original game, in my opinion, and while I like that they're giving a bit more of a clear framework and chronology to the original scenarios, this one feels like an epilogue. Picture the original Dawn of the Dead. Now imagine if Romero had made a 45-minute long sequel showing what happened after Dawn of the Dead ended. I can't imagine it being good, honestly, and I get a bit of that feeling from Crash Course. However, this is my only real complaint with the two maps, and I honestly enjoyed pretty much everything else about them. The finale is especially fun, with a decent array of possible strategies to try.

From a pure gameplay standpoint, Crash Course is quite good. It has solid gameplay with a few fun things hidden around and it makes it easier to play a shorter game of Left 4 Dead for when you need a quick fix. It just doesn't live up to the high standards Valve set for the original campaigns.

tl;dr: It's worth the money if you're in it just for the gameplay, but it doesn't live up to the atmosphere of the other campaigns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2010, 09:30 PM
RE: Crash Course and L4D2
I like it for VS it is a shorter session.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply