Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Credit crunching zombies!
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Credit crunching zombies!
Howdy all.

I'm tempted to get into LNOE - seems to tick all the boardgame boxes for me as far as i can read. I'm based in the UK, so in shop, I'm looking at 30 quids for the basic, 25 for Growing Hunger and then theres the web exclusives...

Anyone any idea how much a full bundle of LNOE, GH and the supplements would set me back if i ordered it direct from Flying Frog? It looks like I'd have to register my details before it would tell me the amount, and even then, would it convert it to pounds, so I can see if I'd be saving anything by going direct?

What would be the postage on just the supplements?

anyone with any experience of using the Frog, or even of getting some of the stuff from other cheaper providers, I'd be glad to hear about it!

cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
RE: Credit crunching zombies!
I've gone through the FROG for the 'WEB only' content, they were quick and efficent.

But to save $$, I'd check out the WARSTORE:

http://www.thewarstore.net/FlyingFrogProductions.html

He's got the lowest prices AND the best service around. I'm not sure about the postage, but drop them a line, they'll get you sorted.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM
He seems to have very good prices - but, sadly, is a US-based dealer, so I think postage for the two boxes would probably be quite high.

However, I've had a browse and found this site:

http://www.greenknightgames.co.uk/acatal...rth_2.html

LNOE is £24.99 (£5 cheaper than what I paid), and if you order Growing Hunger at the same time, it's only an additional £17.99 instead of £19.99... total cost, £42.98, plus postage.

IGUK are quite good as well, since their post is free, but the two boxes will set you back about £55. I've ordered from them before with very satisfactory results.

Have a hunt around. It's worth it, whatever you pay!
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
It's good to see the zombies are invading the UK! Won't be long now before you are all infected!
10-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the replies - The Green knight link seems most promising cost wise, as even with postage, tis still five quid or so cheaper to get both LNOE and GH.

Now I've just got to convince myself this is the game for me, and as importantly, my mates! Most things I read seem to suggest it is - love a game where you get a sense of a story unfolding, rather than bean counting - Maybe it'll be a christmas present, or maybe I'll crack before then!

Maybe I should start a new thread - "convince a waverer"!

Cheers
10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Hiya dobey,
Go on and buy it already. You won't be sorry... Watchmen02

As a member of tzg.com you must follow the orders of Sarku as you are now one of my undead munions.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
12-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Howdy All! I guess I'm now an official munion, having purchased the game after a bit of haggling!

I'll get to talking about how i'm finding the game at some point, but before that, on a credit crunch theme....

Tried to buy the two supplements and the brighter boards on the official site, but was alarmed by the heavy $40 charge for postage that got added! its a lot lot less for just the two supplements (about $7 i think). I know this is shipping to the UK, but is that really right? I'd like to get the boards (somehow i got the first printing - its not that much of an issue for me, but if the chance is there, I'll take it), but not at that cost.

I put the combo 'revenge' and boards in the cart, which i seem to recall reading was supposed to sort out an oddity in the postage costs, but this, im assuming isnt some kind of related issue?
12-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Found at hread on boardgamegeek suggesting that the price was only(!) $16 back on October for UK shipping of the replacement board - i could wear that!

Is it best to contact FFP direct you think to ask?
12-17-2008, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2008 01:06 PM by zombie67.)
dobey Kweeg Wrote:Howdy All! I guess I'm now an official munion, having purchased the game after a bit of haggling!

I'll get to talking about how i'm finding the game at some point, but before that, on a credit crunch theme....

Tried to buy the two supplements and the brighter boards on the official site, but was alarmed by the heavy $40 charge for postage that got added! its a lot lot less for just the two supplements (about $7 i think). I know this is shipping to the UK, but is that really right? I'd like to get the boards (somehow i got the first printing - its not that much of an issue for me, but if the chance is there, I'll take it), but not at that cost.

I put the combo 'revenge' and boards in the cart, which i seem to recall reading was supposed to sort out an oddity in the postage costs, but this, im assuming isnt some kind of related issue?

Hi Dobey, I am a UK Munion and thought I'd pop a bit of advice on here.

The total for what you suggest, the revenge/boards combo, including shipping is about £21.60 ($33.35). This is over the £18 allowed figure by customs so you run the risk of being taxed on it.

I once ordered a Bowling Shirt from the US and ended up nearly paying the same again in tax and Post Offfice collection fees when it arrived.

You don't always get caught for the tax but if they check your box, you'll be liable and there is no way of not paying if you want the goods. I have order DVD boxsets from the US and sometimes I have paid tax and others it arrived "tax free".

You could break-up the order into two separate orders, one for the boards and one for "Revenge", this only adds on about £2 to the grand total including shipping and you wouldn't be liable for the tax etc.

My Partner Kath and I just did that for the "Revenge" and AToE "Madness" supplements to avoid tax. She ordered one and I ordered the other......and it wasn't just so we could get two autographed cards, honestly Soundgirl!! (If you are reading this) Zombie03 Zombie17

Good luck in whatever way you choose to do it, Dobey! Cheers!
12-17-2008, 01:04 PM
FFP Shipping caculator has been weird in the past so yes contact them,
I've always got a quick reply.

OD

HEY I just noticed we're using the Frog Titles! Neat

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: