Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Crossbow house rules?
02-08-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Crossbow house rules?
if you wanted to make it harder / more real. make it if you miss, the bolt goes 1 square PAST the zed. Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 09:36 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
I really like the suggestions which make the crossbow feel like a different weapon - especiall the ideas of using tokens for ammo and retreiving bolts from 'dead' zombies. Will adopt the 3+ to hit and use cross-hair tokens from my Memior '44 games.

Thanks all for making this a great thread.
02-10-2014, 03:12 PM
post some test results after use!
02-10-2014, 05:25 PM
(02-10-2014 03:12 PM)soundguy Wrote:  post some test results after use!

Will do - using the WD Daryl character
02-25-2014, 09:47 AM
Play-tested this last night and it seemed to work well. The Hero lost 2 bolt tokens (roll of 1 or 2) and was able to retrieve any number of bolt tokens when moving through the square contatining them. The bolt token moved with a ZH.

As I was playing BitF we rolled to see if fire destroyed a bolt token (begining with the turn after the fire had started) - 5 or 6 and the bolt burned.

Also decided that crossbow was not discarded whilst bolt tokens still existed on the board.
02-25-2014, 10:33 AM
(01-30-2014 06:06 PM)sgiove Wrote:  I would also imagine that explosives (dynamite and exploding gas tanks) would have a chance to attract zombies to the space they explode in, rather than toward the hero - giving an item like Dynamite an aplayer spacet of diverting zombies away from the hero.

Is a good thought, but could only really work if there is no zombie player. The noise rule works very well with zombicide, but only because the zombies are mechanical. They react, but do not think. The beautiful thing about lnoe is the stratergy, the zombie player doesnt have to mindlessly charge into the survivors. They can draw them out, or block the path. I do love zombicide, hut having mindless zombies is justified by sheer quantity. In lnoe the zombie player has very limited troops. And so they need thier undead wits about them.
02-25-2014, 05:25 PM
anyone played all things zombie? they have a bit of noise rules too
02-25-2014, 05:45 PM
I downloaded the pdf for atz better dead than zed. Not had chance to read it tho. And good?
02-25-2014, 06:11 PM
we liked it, only weird thing is the characters.

there are a couple 'wildcard' strong ones. and the rest are average... like cattle.. the specials can make the average guys move.

i don't like playing a game where the characters are not ballanced. i mean.. it's luck of the draw as to who gets a stick and who gets a tank.. sorta thing. the guy with the stick ain't enjoying the game as much as the guy with the tank.
02-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Thats why I like all flesh must be eaten. Simple character develpment, simple rules, and unless tge ZM is a total bozo, fun can he had by all. I'm workin on a minis version, got plenty of zombie minis and hero minis, just need to craft lots and lots of terrain.