Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cthulhu:Death May Die #2
10-01-2021, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2021 02:27 PM by Old Dwarf.)
Cthulhu:Death May Die #2
Wecken Sie den Schläfer (Awaken the Sleeper).

This Session Report is for Season 1/Epsiode 3 Danse Macabre.The GOO is my homebrew Tsathoggua & using the Wilmarth Background from Titus Crow
Books.

The Monster Card is Modified -the Haunting Horror is a Voomis Shaman.The Shaman if on same Location as a
face up Sorcerer he kills the Sorcerer.He Moves during End of Turn Effects Phase toward nearest face up Sorcerer
otherwise he stays in place.The Shaman cannot attack or be attacked by Cultist/Monsters or Investigators.(use CW Tsathoggua Wizard).

Tsathoggua's Minions Card are Cultist & 3(CW figs.) Formless Spawn.The modified figs are from Cthulhu Wars.The Cultist are Normal Types.

Ritual Disruption Modification-If the Voomis Shaman kills a Sorcerer it reduces the number needed to
get to the Waterfront to stop the Ritual.Once Tsathoggua is on the Board the Shaman will attack Investigators & can be attacked by them.
(basically he becomes a Cultist Monster Ally)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilmarth Foundation-Restricted
Senior Fellows only

File # 02 Lindau/Germany/2/1/1920

I.Incident- The Foundation has received correspondence from Margarethe Richter,a former Field Agent
who resigned 4 years ago to take the position of Head Chef at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof on the shore of the Bodensee.
She writes that as part of her duties as Head Chef she met with a Rudolf Hess from the Thule-Gesellschaft concerning
arrangements for a Charity Event "Exotic Animals from the Orient" it was to be a masked ball to raise monies for
disabled German war veterans.

She states that the Thule-Gesellschaft has a rather sinister reputation & her suspicions were aroused when
Hess told her the Hotel only needed to supply hors d'oeuvres & Servers. The Thule-Gesellschaft would provide
the band & the bar staff.Thus when Mr.Hess excused himself to go to the rest room & left his brief case
she looked into its contents. Besides some Anti-Semitic propaganda she found pages from the Parchments of Pnom
with references to rituals related the Great Old One Tsthoggua & sheet music for Wecken Sie den Schläfer (Awaken the Sleeper).

She is of the opinion that the Thule-Gesellschaft is somehow using the Charity Event as part of a ritual to summons Tsathoggua
& request the Foundations help to investigate the matter.

II. Foundations Actions-It is felt that the evidence presented is insufficient but beings Margarethe Richter is a former Field
Agent we will defer to her judgement of the situation & provide assistance. As she states this Charity Event is scheduled
for Feb.26 we must act quickly & will dispatch our closet Investigator Elizabeth Ives from London. We also note that
if this an attempt to raise Tsathougga It may well cause hostile action from the Voomis & Miss Richter must be made aware
contact with them should be avoided as we know almost nothing about them.

III: Psychological Evaluation:

Margarethe Richter-Kelptomania

Elizabeth Ives-Obsessive Disorder

IV.Conclusions-Satisfactory:

Investigators were able to Disrupt the Ritual & Tsathoggua was defeated.The Cult is severely weakened.
Both Miss Richter & Mrs. Ives survived .There were Civilian casualties but our contacts with the Weimar Authorities
have managed to suppress any talk of esoteric activities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21/2/1920,Lindau Hauptbahnafolf Train Station

Elizbeth ,Elizabeth Ives over here! ...I hope you had a good trip,if you don't mind lets walk back to the Hotel
its not that far & I can update you on the way.Frankly this may all be my overreaction I guess the Foundation
filled you in on my suspicions but it's mainly just my instincts .

Well Margarethe I think your instincts are right,the London Library has a copy of the Parchments of Pnom & was
able to research this Wecken Sie den Schläfer Ritual. It requires a frenzy of activity to generate the required
energy to summons & this dancing at the event would generate that energy. In addition it also requires the presence
of 4 sorcerers to mingle among the energy generators to focus the effect. So I think if we can find &
isolate these sorcerers we can disrupt the summons.

Elizabeth your brilliant & guess what the Hotel is right on the Waterfront it would be the perfect place to get the
sorcerers out of the way.No one else will be out there in the middle of Winter.I'll arrange for us to be on
the serving staff for the event that way we can hunt down the sorcerers & hustle them out to the Waterfront.

One question Margarethe, won't I stand out & it's not a good idea for me to draw attention to myself?

Not to worry Elizabeth the Hotel employees several women from out former colony of S.W.Africa,I'll make sure
they are included in the Server Staff for the Event.

26/2/1920- Hotel Bayerischer Hof -8:56 PM:

Well Margarethe ,things are in full swing look at those dancers how do they keep going? They
look like their going to collapse any minute.

Elizabeth I think those drinks the bar tenders are giving us to serve are drugged & that
damned Wecken Sie den Schläfer music the band is playing is creating a Hypnotic state I can feel it
even though I'm not drinking. Oddly enough those exotic animals seem calm even with all this racket.

I think your right Margarethe,I have to concentrate to keep my mind clear so how do we do this?
I can't tell the Sorcerers from the dancers but members of the Thule-Gesellschaft are dressed in Cult
Robes so at least we can identify them.

Well Elizabeth the ushers informed me that besides the cultist & animals there are some really odd
looking people in some of the back rooms. They say they have a fishy smell about them.Anyway we best
get going ,interrupt the dancers if their just normal let them be .If their Sorcerers we'll be able to
start moving them towards the Waterfront.At some point I expect the Thule-Gesellschaft members to try
& stop us & we'll have to fight.

OK Margarethe ,lets get this done before the damn music drives me crazy.

9-9:15PM

Margarethe enters the Ballroom Foyer but is stopped by a Cultist ,she quickly attacks & manages after
a brief fight to kill the Cultist but loses some sanity for her Actions. A Waitress seeing the fight comes to her aid.
She then hurries through the Ballroom using Stealth to slip by a Cultists & goes outside to a small pool enclosure .
She Interrogates the two dancers & exposes a Sorcerer.She explores the enclosure & finds a caged King Cobra & although
it Stresses her she sees it could be a useful weapon & takes the cage with the snake.Seeing no other Dancers she returns
to the Ballroom back through the Foyer & up stairs to the 2nd Floor Meeting Room. Seeing Dancers in the Hallway off the
Meeting Room she moves & Interrogates them but their just Ballgoers.She does a quick room search & finds Ancient Armor.
She hears noise in the next room & moves to investigate finding 2 Dancers in a storge room .She Interrogates
& exposes another Sorcerer.She has the Sorcerer Ushered out to the Meeting Room & then downstairs to the Ball Room.
She goes back & explores the Meeting room & finds a Vile of venom besides an uncorked Champagne bottle.

The Cultist alerted by Margarethe rampage react & the atmosphere of the Hotel
changes causes the Investigators to become Spooked & their systems shock causes physical damage.A Cultist moves
toward her killing a Dancer who gets in his way. Tsathoggua Embrace the Wecken Sie den Schläfer music threatens
to overpower the Investigators with Lethargy but they overcome the feeling.At Low Tide Deep ones hired by the
Cultist as extra security move toward the Investigators & a Formless Spawm is summoned by the Ritual.More to
the Party an exposed sorcerer is able to mingle & hide among the Dancers.

A Voomis Shaman has been hiding in an unused caretakers room off the Ball Room now senses the exposed Sorcerers.
He is determined to stop the Ritual that will disturb the sleep of his master.He moves to the Ballroom on the
sent of the nearest Sorcerer. Then he loses the sent as the Sorcerer is able to hide himself.
Following another exposed Sorcerer aura he moves to the Waterfront & kills him.

Elizabeth follows Margarethe into the Ballroom & Interrogates a couple of Dancers & exposes a Sorcerer which the
Voomis Shaman instantly kills.She is stunned but the Shaman simply ignores her.Using her Stealth Skill she leaves the
Ballroom to join Margarethe outside & has the exposed Sorcerer ushered out to the Waterfront.She then rests & restores
a Wound & a Stress.She then follows Margarethe using her Stealth to avoid the Cultist in the Ballroom & goes
into the Foyer & up stairs to the Meeting room.She then heals a wound & restores 1 Stress.Noticing a door to the
Right off the hallway she opens it to find 2 Dancers on a boarded up stairwell she Interrogates them but their just Ballgoers.
She then moves to join Margaret in the Meeting Room

The Cultist with a Full Moon shining trough the Ballroom windows clearly exposing the Sorcerers death & the Cultist
take action.One of them appears at the Waterfront.Other Cultist move to confront Margarethe & another Elizabeth .
Margarethe is wounded & Elizabeth suffers multiple hits but luck holds & she only takes a single wound.Other Cultist are
Welcomed to the Fold & 3 of them track her outside killing 2 Dancers who get in their way.The 3 Cultist attack Elizabeth
but with her Luck & Stress reaction she only is wounded once.The Ritual enters a new phase & Tsathoggua begins to wake.
The Storm Surge of the Music from the Ballroom physically threatens Elizabeth but her Stress handles it.

The Voomis Shaman sensing another the exposed Sorcerer from the Ballroom moves outside to the small pool enclosure &
kills the Sorcerer he finds there.He picks up the sent of another exposed Sorcerer & follows it outside.The Shaman
returns to the Ballroom on the track of another exposed sorcerer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status Check as of 9:15PM:

Margarethe-2 Stress/2 Sanity & 1 Wound
Elizabeth-Max Stressed/2 Sanity & 2 Wounds
Ritual Progress-active but only 1 Sorcerer is left
Tsathoggua-has started to wake (1 Advance)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9:15-9:30PM

Margarethe takes a brief rest putting her fingers to her ears she blocks out the music from downstairs
& the silence sooths her & her Stress levels go down & her pain from her minor wound subsides.
She then goes down the stairs to the Foyer only to encounter 2 Deep ones & a Cultist. She uses her Ancient Armor
to avoid their attacks.She counterattacks brawling, opening the cage door & thrusting the King Cobra in it's face
& summoning up her arcane mastery skill killing a Deep one .She then uses Stealth to move to the Ballroom & to
the outside walkway.She is startled by a noise behind her & turns to see a chained Tiger but having enough problems
handling the Cage with the King Cobra lets the big cat be.

The Cultist hope the shock of the Innsmouth Curse will stop Margarethe sees the Deep ones but her elevated Stress
Levels keep her going & their attack fails. The Music increases into a Tide of Madness Elizabeth Stresses out &
Tsathoggua stirs.

The Voomis Shaman loses the sent of the sorcerer in among the Dancers in the Ballroom.

Elizabeth Following Margarethe she goes down the stairs she uses Stealth to slip the Deep One & Cultist in
the Foyer & enters the Ballroom & Interrogates 2 Dancers exposing the remaining Sorcerer.She manages to
overcome the feelings of leathery & notice the Voomis Shaman threatened her & she attacks managing to kill
him & then uses Stealth to duck outside to join Margarethe.

The Cultist send A Deep One from the Foyer to the Ballroom killing a Dancer in his way & attacks Elizabeth
wounding her.

The Voomis Shaman attacks & kills the remaining Sorcerer Elizabeth exposed .The Wecken Sie den Schläfer music
elevated to a cosmic SCREECH! as the remaining control channel stops with the Sorcerer death .The Band
& Dancers all collapse the Ritual is disrupted & the Great Old One Tsathougga appears in the Ballroom.
With his Master Present The Shaman now sees the Investigators as a danger & turns towards Elizabeth who
guns him down.

Margarethe Moves back to the Ballroom & attacks Tsathougga with everything she has including the vile of Venom,
the GOO eyes open to slits as he feels the damage. She feels her will & strengh fading & using Stealth stumbles back outside.

Cultist feel a Riptide of shock at the sudden appearance of Tsathogga realizing that their Ritual is incomplete
& the GOO is not under their control.

Elizabeth from the outside walkway fires both her guns into the Ballroom aiming for the Tsathoggua doing more damage.
The strain causes her Sanity to slip Triggering her Obsessive Disorder .She rest to bring her Stress level down &
take care of a wound.

The Cultist see the Crawling Horror of a Formless Spawn slide from the Ballroom out to the Walkway with the
Investigators.A Deep One climbs to the Managers bedroom on the 2nd floor.

Tsathoggua finally bothered by the Investigators attacks moves out of the Ballroom to the Hotels Grand Staircase.(Stage III)

Margarethe again using her Stealth ability follows the retreating GOO through the Ballroom & Foyer & attacks & kills a Deep one
but her fevered excitement cause her Sanity to slip & triggers her Kleptomania & maxes her Stress.

The Cultist Sound the Alarm that Tsathoggua is in danger but most of their members are still milling around the Ballroom.

Elizabeth once more follows Margarethe to the Foyer & seeing Tsathoggua on the Stairway again fires on on the GOO.

The Cultist with the illumination from the Full Moon see the Investigators & move toward them.2 Cultist attack Elizabeth
but she avoids their attacks but the Peacock with her is killed.

Margarethe moves to the Staircase & attacks Tsathoggua giving the Monster more damage but losing Sanity in its presence
& she retreats back to the Foyer.

The Cultist send a Deep One into the Foyer & another comes into the Water Front. A Cultist & Deep One attack Margarethe
& she is badly wounded.

Elizabeth continues to attack Tsathoggua with deadly gun fire.The GOO's eyes bulge open from the assault (Final Stage)
but her Sanity loss again triggers her Obsessive Disorder & in her confusion she drops one of her guns.

The Cultist emotions again are on a Riptide sensing the Investigators are cornered.

Tsathoggua struggling to fully awaken shambles of the Grand Stair Case & into the Laundry Room.

Status Check as of 9:30PM:

Margarethe-Max Stress/7 Sanity/4 Wounds
Elizabeth-3 Stress/7 Sanity/3 Wounds
Ritual Progress-Disrupted
Tsathoggua-Final Stage /4 Wounds & has advanced to 1st Red Space on Summoning Track)
9:30-9:45

Margarethe helped by her Stealth leaves the Foyer & enters the Caretakers Room.She takes time to rest
restoring 3 Stress & taking care of 3 wounds.

The Cultist would like More to their Party but all the Ballgoers have fled.

Tsathoggua fully awakens senses Margarethe & shambles to the Caretakers Room & attacks & wounds her.

Elizabeth fires at Tsathoggua but having 1 less gun she does less damage.She fires again & does more damage
the GOO struggles to remain on this plane .She then turns & with Stealth
slips into the Caretakers Room with Margarethe & the GOO.

The Cultist are raising all sorts of noise & with the presence of Tsathoggua Elizabeth is Spooked
causing her Stress.

Tsathoggua attacks Elizabeth causing a wound.

Margarethe in the Presence of Tsathoggua is almost overcome by Lethargy-but manages a desperate attack
now throws herself on the struggling GOO & attacks.She wounds the Monster & he loses his grip on the
mortal plane & a great sucking sound is pulled back with his Formless Spawn to his benighted caverns.
The physic energy released causes everyone in the Hotel to collapse into a deep sleep.

Status Check as of 9:33PM: Investigator Victory

Margarethe-2 Stress/8 Sanity/1 Wounds
Elizabeth-3 Stress/8 Sanity/4 Wounds
Ritual Progress- Distrupted
Tsathoggua-Defeated

The Hotel manager anxious to play down the situation promises the check on the gas fixatures & the Cultist are
allowed to leave. Much later 2 women awake in the Caretakers room & find the Hotel staff cleaning up from the Charity Ball.
They quietly slip out to have their wounds attended.

Note-The Cult is plunged into placing blame for the failed Ritual & an internal power struggle develops to find
a new High Priest.*

This was my first C:DMD Game using home rules for the GOO's & Minions that I had figures for from Cthulhu Wars.
I choose Tsatoggua as all the figs, I needed were in the Sleeper Box.The Investigators were chosen by my home ruled
dice Generators. At first I thought Margarethe & Elizabeth were a rather weak pare but they both had the Stealth Skill
which allowed them to hit & run & Margarethe Brawling & Elizabeth Luck Skills also helped a lot.

My home rules held up although I did clarify some as I went played & most important they didn't get too much in the
way of the game mechanics.

* as part of my Homebrew I have a rule that if the Ritual is Disrupted &/or the GOO Defeated that if the GOO is
represented in the Evil High Priest Game it set off a Cult struggle for control that I have to play out.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply