Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cthulhu:Death May Die Season 3 UPDATE
10-29-2022, 04:00 PM
RE: Cthulhu:Death May Die Season 3 UPDATE
Love unlocking the extra episodic content, and both of the lost episodes so far are highly intriguing. Fighting Hypnos and then the Witch House are both really exciting options that I look forward to trying (more than the existing Lost episodes if I'm honest)

I watched bits of the live stream yesterday, and they said they still had loads of things to reveal, which is really surprising considering how much content we already have. Aside from the obvious Nyarlathotep, I have a few Old Ones I'd like to see. Since Hypnos showed up, I'd also love to see Nephren Ka the Dark Pharaoh. Yig is also a low key favorite, since I have faced him so many times in the old AH2E.

When they introduced Marvel Zombies I was thinking it almost inevitable that they would take the DMD system and do a Marvel version rather than pursue a 3rd season for DMD. I'm really happy they decided to stick with the original concept. I would be happy if they pushed into new territory too but seeing so much effort put into the Cthulhu mythos first is a delight. I enjoy Super Heroes to a degree, but the horror genre is head and shoulders above it generally haha

This month has been crazy on crowdfunding though, and my budget is shot due to medical bills from earlier in the year. We have Deep Madness, Oathsworn, and Cthulhu Death May Die all at the same time, and that's not even counting the Kings of Ruin campaign from AR at the beginning of the month. I'm backing at a dollar in the Deep Madness and Oathsworn and hoping to circle back around during the PM to get in on them. Gonna go base pledge at minimum for DMD. Oathsworn is compelling enough I might just sell a few games that have been sitting around unplayed to ensure I get a copy. I think I'm about ready to exile war games from my collection entirely. Scythe and Runewars are bout ready to get the boot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2022, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2022 09:15 PM by Old Dwarf.)
My plastic is shot as well, I'm going to be extra nice to the Misses the next few days
so I can bring this puppy home.

Overnight was again slow, no Stretch Goal yet but it's getting closer with $4000 to go.

OD

The Coleopteran figs Stretch Goal finally made it & guess what's next? Another Investigator,
which is getting crazy ( So far this KS has 37 Inv. not counting the upcoming Stretch Goal one.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-31-2022, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2022 08:24 PM by Old Dwarf.)
The new Stretch Goal Investigator made it & the next one is Mutated Animals Monsters which
looks interesting.

A new ADD-ON Animal Allies $25- probably a pass having Chimps, & big snakes
aren't my idea of an Ally & doesn't seem very Lovecraft.(also includes dogs,cats, owls,)

I might go for the dog/cat if they come up on ebay but right now my plastic is over taxed.

OD

11-01-2022, 05:50 PM
just picked ANOTHER investigator but the next Stretch Goal is The Colour Out of Space !
That one really excites me.Inspite on the endless rain of Investigators this KS is giving
us come a nice amount of Lovecraft monsters.

OD

11-01-2022, 08:14 PM
The animal add on does nothing for me, but I believe more than 50% of my friends are animal people and this game is a regular choice for introducing newbies to game night so I’ll probably get it

Craig is probably in my top 5 new investigators. Bill Nighy is great!
11-02-2022, 07:56 PM
We finally made the Colour out of Space & the next SG up is an Investigator
Salvador Dali!. I have mixed feeling about actual persons being Investigators
but Dali works.

OD

11-03-2022, 12:32 PM
Overnight (for N/S America) was better than usual at 6AM(US-EDST) we only needed
$2000 to get to Dali & within the hour we made it.

The next Stretch Goal is an Episode for the Colour out space fig.

OD

11-04-2022, 01:35 AM
(11-02-2022 07:56 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  We finally made the Colour out of Space & the next SG up is an Investigator
Salvador Dali!. I have mixed feeling about actual persons being Investigators
but Dali works.

OD

Yeah I sold all my Zombicide 2E stretch goals because the pop culture references of modern celebrities didn’t really work for me as much as I thought. I wanted to keep Jason Bourne and John Wick but didn’t feel like it was worth breaking up the entire set to hold onto 2 dudes. I don’t mind the old historical references and book and film character references that much though.

Verrry happy with the 3 lost episodes we got. The old ones just looked gimmicky and funny but not enough to really motivate me to pull them out. These look amazingly thematic!

Surprised we haven’t been bombarded with more add ons and new content. I still expect we’ll get at least one big box add on but I don’t mind the scaled back campaign size compared to some of their bigger campaigns.

So far I’m just in for core + Ithaqua. I’ll grab the animals if they’re bundled in a big all in because this is one of my favorite games.
11-04-2022, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2022 11:13 AM by Old Dwarf.)
I'm holding at core + Ithaqua as well. I don't wish to ruin things for other backers but I'm hoping
no more Add-Ons as my plastic will only stretch so far.

We made the Episode for the Colour out space fig. & the next one up is another Investigator Dorothy Parker.
( this has to be the "The Dorothy Parker" - the fig looks just like her.They have her in Boston MA. but she was born in NJ
& got her fame in NYC.)

I really think COMON is overdoing the Investigators, but Dorothy has some cool abilities so I'm down with it.

OD

11-04-2022, 01:59 PM
That's super cool. I didn't recognize the historical figure. Thanks for pointing that out. Her abilities are really neat. Arcane and Range are great standbys, but I love the Stealth+Swiftness combo.

Overall I've been very happy with this campaign. Most of the toxicity that haunted the last two cmon campaigns after the Marvel Zombies drama has dried up. Was looking through the campaign page with my wife and she even told me she was ok with me getting the MEGA cthulhu! For once I'm the one saying enough is enough! lol!

One thing I'm actually more susceptible to splurging on than new content is fancy dice... (I got the ridiculous mega dice set back in the original Shadows of Brimstone pledge manager... Don't ask me why. I often ask myself the same question and can't answer it.) If they bring back Frost dice, I'm definitely going to add those to my pledge.