Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Custom ATOE Dice
09-15-2011, 11:11 PM
RE: Custom ATOE Dice
I was actually thinking of doing the same idea with my figures which really looks slick by the way.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2011, 02:08 PM
That is some amazing work, i really am impressed by the creativity that comes from the people of this forum. The figures look amazing and the dice are just creepy but so cool
01-29-2012, 03:02 AM
can u explain how u painted the figures? I initially wanted to paint them in full colour but the way u did yours fits the theme of the game so well...i think if u painted the figures in full colour it would look kinda cheesy as it just wouldnt fit. I would really like to imitate what u have done.
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2012 09:39 PM by Pred.)
Jpower

It looks like a base coat White or Metallic, with a few layer coats
of a Mud Wash. Bases look, Base Black with thin layer of red paint.
The after doing a few highlight areas with the White or Metallic
(whatever my base coat was)Coated in a gloss finish. This may not
be how he did it, but that's what I would do for a very similar look.

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
01-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I probably will see Darqo sometime this week. I will give him a kick in the nuts and tell him to get his sorry ass on here and explain in full detail how he painted his figures.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2012, 08:34 AM
(01-29-2012 03:02 AM)jpower Wrote:  can u explain how u painted the figures? I initially wanted to paint them in full colour but the way u did yours fits the theme of the game so well...i think if u painted the figures in full colour it would look kinda cheesy as it just wouldnt fit. I would really like to imitate what u have done.

sorry it took so long to reply, but i've been out of it a couple of months
I'm working on a music project that is taking most of my free time, but anyway...
I have some more pics of the figures in the sepia version but I also did a kind of stony version of 8 figures very easy to do, you can find them among one of my post along with the info you need how to paint them that way, post name is "nice and easy" posted on 05/17/2011.

but here's how I painted them
quick copy past Watchmen02

first I went with EMP's advice and use a devlan mud wash on the bleached bone layer and I had a real good result. I did the wash 2 times and ended up with a little highlighting here and there.
check pics for the result.

Then I went with Willco's advice and just did a little highlighting on the black primered figs using a space wolves grey color. I also did the faces and hands and I think the end result is pretty cool too so I decided to do 8 figs the sepia way and 8 the stoney way.

hope this helps,
I can assure you you can do all your figures in one afternoon which is ideal for people like me who lack the proffessional painting skills but most of all lack the time in which to paint them realistically
alright man have fun painting

grts
tha kid
05-23-2012, 11:32 PM
I really like the look, but wouldn't painting and sanding the dice affect the randomness of the rolls?
05-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Beautiful job on the dice! Add another project to my "pimp" list. Watchmen02 Wonder how/what one could do w/ those wooden cubes you get in the craft wood section of craft stores....?

(05-23-2012 11:32 PM)SnakeSpawn Wrote:  I really like the look, but wouldn't painting and sanding the dice affect the randomness of the rolls?

As long as they roll "1"s for the Villains & "5"s & "6"s for the Heroes it's all good. >Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
05-27-2012, 12:36 PM
(05-23-2012 11:32 PM)SnakeSpawn Wrote:  I really like the look, but wouldn't painting and sanding the dice affect the randomness of the rolls?

As long as the one side wasn't made lighter or heavier it would equal out same as non painted ones.But if not you got "Funny Dice"

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Those are really sweet. You should consider making some where the "5" & "6" faces are a different color to indicate successes easier.