Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Board & Characters for My Game Group
09-16-2015, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015 05:53 PM by graffd02.)
Custom Board & Characters for My Game Group
My group meets up about once a month. LNOE has quickly become our favorite game. I currently own the basic game and BITF.

I was wanting to do something special for out Halloween game & since I used to be a graphics designer (now a Net Tech) I though it would be fun to create custom characters for each person in our game group (and my cat Zombie17) I tried to make their abilities match their personalities as much as possible. I went with 2 positive abilities and one negative ability for each character, to give each a unique play style.

I am also making a custom center board featuring my apartment, where we meet every month. I'm almost done with the board and will post it shortly, as for the characters here is what I have:

Dave
Network Technician
Geek - Gamer - Male
Starting Location: Dave & Lori's Apartment
Dungeon Master - Zombies fighting this hero have a maximum of 2 fight dice.
Strategy - Hero may give up his ranged attack to move a zombie one space. That zombie may not be in a space occupied by any hero.
Lazy - Hero has a maximum movement rate of 5.
Wound, Wound, DEAD

Lori
Clinical Counselor
Geek - Gamer - Female
Counseling - Other Heroes on adjacent spaces or sharing a space with this hero cannot be the target of non-combat Zombie Cards.
Pain Threshold- Hero may resist taking a wound by discarding an item card.
Protective - Hero must fight all zombies in her space if more than one hero is present.
Wound, Wound, DEAD

Bob
Draftsman
Geek - Gamer - Male
Starting Location: Gas Station
Sneaky - May move through a space occupied by a single zombie on a roll of 3+
Breaking & Entering - Hero may move through a wall space on the d6 roll of 5+. Hero cannot be target of "Locked Door".
Constantly Moving - Hero must move instead of searching if he rolls a 5+ on his movement dice
Wound, Wound, DEAD

Petey
Accountant
Brony - Gamer - Male
Starting Location: General Store
Tap - Hero may play an event card the controlling player has drawn twice. (place the card on the table and "tap" it to show it has been played once)
Friendship is Magic - At the beginning of the hero turn, roll a D6. On 5+ the hero may select another hero to gain an extra fight dice until the end of the Hero Turn.
Introverted - Hero cannot give items to other Heroes. (Hero can still be given items)
Wound, Wound, DEAD

Jess
Substitute Teacher
Geek - Gamer - Female
Starting Location: High School
Pride - Hero upgrades on this character are automatically boosted.
Prejudice - Hero may take a wound to make the Zombies discard a random card. (ability cannot be used during a fight)
Indecisive - When playing an event card with more than one option, the hero must roll a dice to randomly select which action is played. (If action cannot be played, then the card cannot be played this turn)
Wound, Wound, DEAD

Jess
Graphic Designer
Geek - Gamer - Female
Starting Location: Gas Station
Creative - The hero may search twice if she rolls a 1 on her movement dice. (Other search rules still apply)
Gnomish Tinkering - Hero may take a wound to draw two hero cards (ability cannot be used during a fight)
No Pain, No Gain - Healed wounds cannot be used for the hero's "Gnomish Tinkering" ability. (place an X marker over a healed wound to signify that it cannot be used for the ability)
Wound, Wound, DEAD

Titus
Housecat
Cat - Male
Fast - Hero rolls 2d6 and adds the total together for movement.
Claws - Hero rolls 2 extra fight dice, but subtracts 1 from all fight rolls (minimum 1).
Animal - Hero cannot search, use items or become a Zombie Hero.
Wound, DEAD

1st Version of center board.

[Image: LNOE-web.jpg]

Plan on play-testing it with some of the characters tonight w/ my wife. Not sure which scenario, was originally thinking defend the manor, but w/ the apartment being on the second floor & having the red lines around most of the building, it would make that scenario to easy I think.

"I don't always play Last Night on Earth, but when I do, I prefer to play zombies"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: Custom Board & Characters for My Game Group
Good work. I look forward to hearing how it goes.
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2023, 08:31 AM
RE: Custom Board & Characters for My Game Group
Did you ever get any pics of the finished articles?
Find all posts by this user