Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Custom Character Card Request
12-08-2014, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 09:55 PM by StayPuft.)
I saw a thread where the idea was folks could post a request for a character for which they want to find a suitable miniature, and anybody who has suggestions could post them. Funny thing is, I sort of have the opposite problem. I just recently purchased three miniatures on eBay that are based on movie characters, but wasn't terribly successful in finding custom Last Night On Earth character cards for them.

So, I thought it would be a good idea to post a thread here to ask if anybody has their own, or has found any. I'm adding my three requests below, but feel free to add your own requests if you have some.

I am looking for custom character cards for:

- Ramona Flowers (preferably from the Scott Pilgrim movie as opposed to the comics, as I'd rather it fit in with the existing character cards)
- Captain Hammer (from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog)
- Kick-Ass (from.... well.... Kick-Ass)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 10:14 PM by BigDumbYak.)
RE: Custom Character Card Request
Oh, I am soooo on this!

(12-08-2014 09:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  - Ramona Flowers (preferably from the Scott Pilgrim movie as opposed to the comics, as I'd rather it fit in with the existing character cards)
[Image: RamonasGiantHammer.png][Image: RamonaFlowers.png]
(12-08-2014 09:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  - Captain Hammer (from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog)
[Image: CaptainHammer.png]
(12-08-2014 09:54 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  - Kick-Ass (from.... well.... Kick-Ass)
[Image: Kick-Ass.png]
12-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Just a side note, I sent these character card files to Wal-Mart Photo and had them printed out as Glossy 4x6 prints.
They actually turned out really nice, but the Photo software at walmart hacked off the black border surrounding , so they're not quite perfect.
What can you expect though, they were ready in 1 hour and only cost $0.19 each.

Combine that with a 4x6 glossy photo of the card back below, and some 2mm corrugated center (I didn't have any solid) greyboard and good ol' glue stick and I've got me some very nice contenders for Player cards that actually fit in with the originals!

[Image: LastNightonEarth-HeroCharacterBack.jpg]
12-18-2014, 05:33 PM
SWEET! Good idea!
12-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Wow! Holy crap, BigDumYak! Ask and ye shall receive. LOL! That is awesome. You got all three of mine in one shot. Thank you. You rock.

Also, I'll have to try that method for printing them out. I'd definitely want them to look and feel as much as possible like the existing character cards. When I play with my gaming group, or other friends, we tend to pick the Heroes at random, so my hope would be they could still be put in the group to be picked at random.

Gotta find my way back to that miniatures thread now, though. It would be cool to have a Dr. Horrible miniature to go with my Captain Hammer miniature.
12-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Here's something you can try, if you happen to have extra game components. This is the process I use and it works very well.

Print them out on 8.5 x 11 shipping lable sheets (sticker paper). You should be able to get two on a sheet. Run them through a laminator with 3mil laminator sheets. Cut them on a paper cutter or with a straight edge. You then have a sticker that has a nice glossy laminate finish on each side. When you peel the back off you have a sticker that you can place right on top of an extra Hero card. If you cut it closely enough it is very hard to tell right off that it's not an original.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
12-20-2014, 06:25 PM
That sounds like it'd make a pretty nice finished product. I know running printed materials through a hot lamination really makes the colors vibrant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk