Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Hero Ideas! Are they balanced?
04-07-2013, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 12:07 AM by alderdust.)
RE: Custom Hero Ideas! Are they balanced?
Thanks guys looks like I got some work to do. Only thing holding me back from making new abilities is its hard to balance them without alot of play testing. I was just trying to get some to the table. Any ideas on more custom abilities let me know.

The married thing isn't a stereotype but I was thinking of a way they would get a bonus for being in the same space as there husband since they would naturally protect theirs wives in a situation such as a zombie apocalypse.

The lightweight was due to Lucas in real life is quite the athlete yet he is very small only like 120 pounds so he can run very fast but isn't the strongest and was trying to reflect that.

Same goes with Austin he is a very big guy and naturally slower running than another individual. I may have him start with the ability and still lose the movement.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2013, 12:31 AM
I think they look solid, I was actually going to use the married ability on my wife's of change it for a mother ability. There are some point that were brought up that are valid as being powerfull, a way around that might be just using the dots. Possibly make a house dot rule, "Custom Character, X, X equals the number of custom character selected at the start of the scenario". They still need to be fun to play and the ego boost might make it even more fun.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Yeah I mean I could give the women 3 health does that make them overpowered? I kind of like married ability I would easily take a wound for my wife an it probably would rarely come up.
04-07-2013, 12:43 AM
I think the women are fine with 2 health boxes. The extra abilities make up for it. Just as long as they won't be offended by it.
04-07-2013, 01:05 AM
They don't know the game well enough to be offended and plus no one in my group of friends is technically a "student" so I wanted to incorporate some 2 health heroes but since I know my wife is very fragile I don't know if a youth ability would be appropriate.
04-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Was thinking of changing AJ ability with the keys to something like blitz from Johnny would that work?
04-08-2013, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 12:22 AM by alderdust.)
Changes:

Added photos for 3 of the heroes Brandon Lucas and crystal more to come.

Brandon - Went from starting out with a baseball bat to winning fights on a tie.
Austin - Lost the -1 to movement and gained the Ignore locked door since thematically hes so big he could break them down.
Lucas - Lost the lightweight ability.
AJ - lost the start with keys and gained the blitz ability allowing him to fight and continue moving.
Jeremiah - Removed the subtract zombie die and kept the clean up on aisle 7.
04-08-2013, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 07:16 PM by blakeb.)
I think these changes work well. These characters are looking pretty good.
04-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Maybe have Austin roll a D6 to break down door give him 50/50 chance

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2013, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 11:24 AM by alderdust.)
Yeah that may work what would you succeed on a 4+?