Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Hero Ideas! Are they balanced?
04-08-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: Custom Hero Ideas! Are they balanced?
Yeah I think that would work.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 03:29 AM
How does his ability sound now does it need any rewording?
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I like the new balancing personally. I don't think giving the women 2 health was something sexist. Since I am one of the cards proposed, Austin, I know Alderdust's intentions were to make them as real life as possible.

Good job Brandon, its coming together. I will send you my picture for the card later tonight.
04-10-2013, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 02:54 AM by friskers96.)
Tator, the nickname is awesome.. I used to have an irc buddy named DaPotato.. Watchmen02

The cards are great man, good work!

04-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks fiskers I'm gathering some flavor text quotes and photos now and then ill have Blakeb make them and then maybe if you still don't mind putting them on chip board for me. Did you find out how to round the corners yet?
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi alderdust I've had a good look through your custom characters and I think you've got them pretty much balanced. The only ability I would change is Lucas' Cannon For An Arm. I feel it's too powerfull, especially in certain scenarios such as Supply Run or We've got to go back, well any scenarios where Heroes need to move Items around for victory conditions. If I were you I would change it to:

Starts with the Hero card Catch
or
Can pass on a 3+

The women are no weaker than the student characters. So I think they should balance out just fine. Although if I were the Zombie player I would head straight for them. 2 health boxes and no Youth ability would be very tempting for the 4 Hero death win. Test them out for a game or 3 and see how they do.

Good job. I'm looking forward to seeing them finished.
04-10-2013, 07:34 PM
[Image: xry6VMV.jpg]

Not the final version of course, but here's how its shaping up. When you get me the pictures, try and make them as high resolution as possible.
04-10-2013, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 10:27 PM by alderdust.)
That looks awesome and I do have higher resolution photos just didn't upload he full size here if you can message me your email I can get them sent to you soon probably tomorrow would be 5 of them maybe to at least get them started

(04-10-2013 02:32 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hi alderdust I've had a good look through your custom characters and I think you've got them pretty much balanced. The only ability I would change is Lucas' Cannon For An Arm. I feel it's too powerfull, especially in certain scenarios such as Supply Run or We've got to go back, well any scenarios where Heroes need to move Items around for victory conditions. If I were you I would change it to:

Starts with the Hero card Catch
or
Can pass on a 3+

The women are no weaker than the student characters. So I think they should balance out just fine. Although if I were the Zombie player I would head straight for them. 2 health boxes and no Youth ability would be very tempting for the 4 Hero death win. Test them out for a game or 3 and see how they do.

Good job. I'm looking forward to seeing them finished.

If I added a youth like ability do you think that would be too much?
04-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Don't add Youth, just see how they do. I'm sure you know custom characters have to be play tested that's a given and it's the only true test if they work or not. If they get slaughtered almost everytime then re-think TBH I think you're pretty much good to go. I would use these in my games!
04-11-2013, 03:25 AM
Now you need minis