Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom Items
01-27-2012, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012 11:45 PM by Instant Replay.)
Custom Items
Here are a bunch of items that I've thought of using the Original LNOE rules and the Hero expansion (I don't have growing hunger yet). Items that have a * next to their name will have notes at the end. Read the notes before you comment about that item.

Weapons:
Assault Rifle - allows the hero to shoot at up to two zombies (these zombies may be in different squares!). A zombie is hit on a 4+. Each time the gun is fired (shooting at two zombies in one turn counts as firing twice), the player must roll to see if the gun either jams or runs out of ammo. If the gun jams it cannot be used for one turn. The gun runs out of ammo on a roll of a 1 or 2 and jams on a 3. Range: 3

Throwing knives - It hits on a 4, 5 or 6. After throwing knives are used twice, the card is discarded. Range 1.

Nail Gun* - It hits on a 5 or 6. Discard on a 1 or 2. Range: 2
You may sacrifice your movement/search to create a level 2 barricade, which is just two barricades (it uses the barricade rule on this forum).

Items:
Coffee - Discard: hero gains +1 movement for 1 turn

Pain Pills - Discard: either remove twisted ankle from the hero or ignore up to one wound the hero would suffer this turn during combat

Radio - Discard: Place a counter where the radio was discarded. During the next zombie movement, the D6 closest zombies to the radio must move toward it (which counts as their movement). Remove the radio counter after the zombies have moved toward it.

Backpack: allows hero to carry two extra items

Nail Gun: the justification for having lousy range and hit probability is that the nail gun has two functions: barricades and shooting. You can technically create a barricade and shoot in the same turn. It would be overpowered if it had better stats.

I'll probably add more later on down the road.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: Custom Items
I had an idea for a backpack item as well. My version was that you could hold onto discarded firearms until an ammo card was drawn/given. Think of it as "Damn, I am out of bullets..I'll just stash this in my bag" versus tossing the whole thing out. Of course this could be used once .... or something like that. The coffee sounds great too.
01-27-2012, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012 08:45 PM by Atraangelis.)
(01-27-2012 08:25 PM)Instant Replay Wrote:  Nail Gun: the justification for having lousy range and hit probability is that the nail gun has two functions: barricades and shooting. You can technically create a barricade and shoot in the same turn. It would be overpowered if it had better stats.

LOOOL.. this made me laugh, I used to do fencing about 10 years ago.. and let me tell you YES.. you can make a barricade(fence) and Shoot shit 50 feet away...

some times as your on a roll tacking up a panel your gun would jump, we usually disabled the safety so we can have the gun simply auto fire while holding the hammer down...sometimes the nail would kink kicking the gun to the side and... PAFT!.. PAFT..PAFT... 3 nails down range...

LOl.. memories.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi, I really like your ideas. It is nice when people have and use their imagination Watchmen02

Check this site out though,

http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/in..._Card_List

In some of the Expansions you get some of things you thought of. I really like the Radio idea. well, not really 'cause in a Zombie player Watchmen02 No really, its a kewl idea Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
01-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Really like the idea with the Assault rifle seems very balance.

(01-27-2012 08:42 PM)phantomninja Wrote:  I had an idea for a backpack item as well. My version was that you could hold onto discarded firearms until an ammo card was drawn/given. Think of it as "Damn, I am out of bullets..I'll just stash this in my bag" versus tossing the whole thing out. Of course this could be used once .... or something like that. The coffee sounds great too.

Good aditional thought on the backpack!
Only used once with one firearm"
01-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Here's an idea for any character on the motrbike: gets +2 on movement die roll and Johhny's ability to pass through zombie squares after one fight.

Any thoughts?