Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom character help
08-31-2017, 02:15 AM
Big Grin Custom character help
Hello all,
Longtime gone, but great to be back. My friends and I are returning players to my favorite zombie survival horror game. Now that we have returned we want to do Custom characters, however we don't know how to do them (edit wise)

We are looking for a nice individual who does PDF custom characters. We would give you all the info and the picture art. Then once complete run down to Staples and print them. Is their anyone available? And no worries this isnt a rush job, we hope to start making them probably mid next month, i would just like to find someone who specializes in custom characterz.

Thank you, and you all have a great day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2017, 01:45 PM
RE: Custom character help
(08-31-2017 02:15 AM)Otacon29 Wrote:  We are looking for a nice individual who does PDF custom characters. We would give you all the info and the picture art. Then once complete run down to Staples and print them. Is their anyone available? And no worries this isnt a rush job, we hope to start making them probably mid next month, i would just like to find someone who specializes in custom characterz.

I can totally help you out here. Especially if you have the info you want already figured out. It'll be an easy task to put them together.

On that same note, this forum is probably the BEST place to get input on custom characters, and balancing their skills for the best gameplay.

Sir/Madam, you have come to the RIGHT PLACE.

Post your info here and see what happens Watchmen02
08-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Sir, and thank you for your kind hospitality. My friends and I are pulling our stuff together and coming up with our own individual characters based on us.

I'll post the results once the first one is finished, then you can sink your teeth into them all. Thank you again and have a great day.
09-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Good.... fresh meat!
09-03-2017, 11:37 PM
I'm happy to help to with advice on Character creation/balance etc.Watchmen02
09-14-2017, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 11:10 PM by Otacon29.)
Thank you all,

Alright sorry for the delay, but first character is hashed out, second one will be coming out before the end of the week.
(And yes all characters are based on my friends and I)

Name: J.R. Esper
Starting Location: Random building
Male- Law Engorcement-Strange
Quote: "Dead...Alive.. It don't matter to me."
1 dead, 2 wound markers.
Abilities:
Ammo belt- During a search action may pull an "ammo card" from the discard pile.
Shootist- Add +1 on hit dice roll with firearms, may sacrifice an "ammo card" to shoot Firearms again.
09-15-2017, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 02:55 PM by BigDumbYak.)
NOT FINAL IMAGE
Terv, got any balance reccomendations? Doesn't seem too overpowered. Probably need some re-wording and clarification on the Hero Skills.
Maybe for Ammo Belt: "Instead of searching, may take an Ammo from the discard pile." so that it matches with Sherrif Anderson's "Man of Action"

Get some props and take some photos and I'll slap up something good for the Pictures Watchmen02

If you can find a good abandoned building or an industrial setting, all the better.
if not try in front of a plain (empty wall, blue sky, something easy to crop) background. Photoshop can do the heavy lifting from there.

[Image: Hero_-_JR_Esper-_LNoE_28Small29.png]
09-15-2017, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2017 11:18 PM by Otacon29.)
(Yes BDY, I agree. Changing the wording to better fit with Sheriff Anderson's ability, does make it easier to understand. Yes, you may change it.)

Alright next character in the line up.

Name:Alexander Bradish
Starting Location: Fire station
Male-Strange
Quote: "Let's go to the pub, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over."
1dead, 2 wound markers
Abilities:
Reclaim: Instead of searching, may take a random card from the discard pile.
Sacrifice: During a search may sacrifice an Event card to draw another card from the Hero deck.

(One more. Also nice Job, is that the proper size and PDF format or do I need to do anything before I take it to staples?)

Name:Twiggy Bradish
Starting Location: N/A
Male-Strange
Quote:N/A
1 dead, 2 wound markers
Abilities:
Backyard scrounger- may perform a search in any space adjacent to a building.

Fanny pack- carry 2 additional items (none can be weapons)
09-16-2017, 04:59 AM
(09-15-2017 09:36 PM)Otacon29 Wrote:  (One more. Also nice Job, is that the proper size and PDF format or do I need to do anything before I take it to staples?)

No don't print that one, it's a low res one and there's no portrait! I can find photos to match your desriptions if you don't have pictures to use.

I can provide you with a high res PDF version when they're all done.
I had mine printed at the Wal-Mart Photolab on glossy 4x6 and they work perfectly.

Few questions on Twiggy since I don't know your 'source' person Watchmen02

1. Occupation N/A? Would something like "Unemployed" or "Hobo" work?
2. Starting location? There must be a starting location of some kind. Random, Road out of Town, Centre of Town, something like that.
4. Quote N/A? Is the character unable to speak? would "..." suffice?
09-16-2017, 05:01 AM
Reclaim: "When" searching, otherwise it can be interpreted that you can draw outside. Intended?
Sacrifice: Just say 'discard'.

Backyard scrounger: This one's really powerful. Lights out and taken over wouldn't hurt this. And if the center board is the mansion? It's also let him search outside while using The Hunger to draw zombies outside of buildings. The idea is sound; it just needs some mechanical exercising. How about: "You may search use the Pick Up: ability of any space adjacent to you, if you could while you were in that space." or something like that; a little less potent. (But still strong, if the airport, farmhouse, or police station, etc, are on the board.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user