Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom character help
09-16-2017, 09:11 PM
RE: Custom character help
Dependant on what kind of character this is, you could consider limiting them to ONLY searching adjacent to buildings?
Maybe they're not welcome inside buildings usually, so they have learned that anything useful can be found outside of buildings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2017, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 02:27 AM by Otacon29.)
No don't print that one, it's a low res one and there's no portrait! I can find photos to match your desriptions if you don't have pictures to use. "Quote."

Ok, also don't worry i intend to do our own pictures, we are actually going to use our own photos for our characters.

As for N/A... all that means is my friend is thinking about it and will get back to me on the rest of his character sheet, so it's a work in progress.

Ya I agree the wording is a little off, we can fix that.

As for backyard scrounged you can't search in the manor.

Ooo wait I got it, what if it's a search in outside adjacent spaces to a building on a roll +3?
09-17-2017, 02:44 AM
(09-16-2017 09:11 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Dependant on what kind of character this is, you could consider limiting them to ONLY searching adjacent to buildings?
Maybe they're not welcome inside buildings usually, so they have learned that anything useful can be found outside of buildings.

That would work. Can only search, but never use pickups.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-22-2017, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2017 07:05 PM by samuraitrev.)
(09-15-2017 02:48 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  NOT FINAL IMAGE
Terv, got any balance reccomendations? Doesn't seem too overpowered. Probably need some re-wording and clarification on the Hero Skills.
Maybe for Ammo Belt: "Instead of searching, may take an Ammo from the discard pile." so that it matches with Sherrif Anderson's "Man of Action"

Get some props and take some photos and I'll slap up something good for the Pictures Watchmen02

If you can find a good abandoned building or an industrial setting, all the better.
if not try in front of a plain (empty wall, blue sky, something easy to crop) background. Photoshop can do the heavy lifting from there.

[Image: Hero_-_JR_Esper-_LNoE_28Small29.png]

Sorry for the late reply. I've been working like a demon.

The wording on the Shootist ability could be better as it's unclear what the +1 is for. How About:
Shootist: Add +1 to the range with any Gun Item.
or
Shootist: Add +1 To Hit with any Gun Item

(09-15-2017 09:36 PM)Otacon29 Wrote:  (Yes BDY, I agree. Changing the wording to better fit with Sheriff Anderson's ability, does make it easier to understand. Yes, you may change it.)

Alright next character in the line up.

Name:Alexander Bradish
Starting Location: Fire station
Male-Strange
Quote: "Let's go to the pub, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over."
1dead, 2 wound markers
Abilities:
Reclaim: Instead of searching, may take a random card from the discard pile.
Sacrifice: During a search may sacrifice an Event card to draw another card from the Hero deck.

(One more. Also nice Job, is that the proper size and PDF format or do I need to do anything before I take it to staples?)

Name:Twiggy Bradish
Starting Location: N/A
Male-Strange
Quote:N/A
1 dead, 2 wound markers
Abilities:
Backyard scrounger- may perform a search in any space adjacent to a building.
Fanny pack- carry 2 additional items (none can be weapons)

Alexander is well balanced. I like the character. Just capitalize things like Search, Searching, Fire Station.
Twiggy: Background Scrounger: is OP in my opinion. I like the idea but needs to be toned down. How about:
Backyard Scrounger: May Search when adjacent to any building on a roll of 5+ in the Movement phase.
Fanny Pack: This made me smile. In the UK fanny means, well, a woman's private area... Maybe change it to Backpacker or Heavy Lifter or Mule
09-23-2017, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2017 12:08 AM by Otacon29.)
Yes, change Shootist to 'Add +1 To Hit with any Gun Item.'

Change 'fanny pack' to 'belt pouch'

And 'backyard scrounged' to a +4.

Lastly capitalize all the proper searches and discards, clean it up and get back to me with any questions.

Don't worry about the wait. I'll have 2 more for you soon.
09-23-2017, 03:55 AM
Also, does anyone do 'Hero's cards or 'unique item' cards?
09-24-2017, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 10:37 PM by Otacon29.)
(final Draft, Last call for edits)

Name: J.R. Esper
Starting Location: Random building
Male- Law Engorcement-Strange
Quote: "Dead...Alive.. It don't matter to me."
1 dead, 2 wound markers.
Abilities:
Ammo belt- Instead of searching, may take a "ammo" from the discard pile.
Shootist- Add +1 To Hit with any Gun, may sacrifice an "ammo" to shoot Gun again.

Name:Alexander Bradish
Starting Location: Fire station
Male-Strange
Quote: "Let's go to the pub, have a nice cold pint, and wait for this all to blow over."
1dead, 2 wound markers
Abilities:
Reclaim: When Searching, may take a random card from the discard pile. (Minimum of 5 cards.)
Sacrifice: During a search may discard an Event card to draw another card from the Hero deck.

(not Finished section. still completing characters.)

Name:Twiggy Bradish
Starting Location: Woods
Male-Strange
Quote:"Far out man."
1 dead, 2 wound markers
Abilities:
Backyard scrounger- may perform a search in any space adjacent to a building on the Roll of +4.

Belt Pouch- carry 2 additional items (non-weapons)

Name: Cyrus Denny
Starting Location: Junkyard
Quote: "Finders keepers Asshole."
Male-Strange
2 wounds, 1 dead marker
Abilities:
The dead wont need it- May draw a hero card after successfully killing a Zombie in your space.
Armed to the Teeth- Can carry an extra weapon, Does not count towards inventory size.

Name: Bethany Floring
Starting Location: Library
Quote: "I learned that from a book."
Female-Student
2 wounds, 1 dead marker
Abilities:
Second Amendment- Starts the game with a 'pump shotgun.'
Erudite- during Search, Draw 5 cards from the Hero deck, choose 2 to keep, while discarding the other 3 into the discard pile.
09-25-2017, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 05:18 PM by samuraitrev.)
Hi Otacon,

I just spotted something with Alexander. I would add something to this rule:
Reclaim: When Searching, may take a random card from the discard pile. (Minimum of 10 cards.)

Otherwise, there could be a really powerful card in a 2 card discard pile that a player could exploit.

Esper: Gotta have his Start Location as the Road Into Town. That just seems cooler (to me.)

I would lose the swearing from Cyrus, it's unnecessary. I'm sure plenty of parents play this game with children. How about Finders, Keepers Loser/lowlife/fool! etc. Your group, your call.

Bethany's a pretty interesting Character. Students always have (Wound) (Dead) stats. Her ability doesn't really make thematic sense to me. How about something related to her profession such as:
Erudite: When Searching Bethany make Draw two Hero cards and pick one. Place the remaining Hero card back on top of the Hero Deck.

(In this respect she seems as if she makes good choices and predict potentialities due to her learning. This would make for some great tactical choices from the Heroes.)

Just some ideas, trying to help. Feel free to use or ignore. At the end of the day, they're your Characters.

Have funWatchmen02
09-25-2017, 08:12 PM
Thanks Trev for the additions,

Yes, I can see why to put a deck minimal on Alexander, I added it to my notes in the edit.

The Road out of town is a cool suggestion, I will have to think about it, the Random building was because he is a bounty hunter constantly hunting his Prey.

But I'm keeping the profanity, as sad as it sounds no one under 18 plays this game with me.

As for Bethany, she is a country girl, I don't know if your American or rural, but it's part of her character. However the player needs to think of a second character ability she hasn't gotten back to me.
09-25-2017, 08:16 PM
Custom character help
(09-25-2017 08:12 PM)Otacon29 Wrote:  However the player needs to think of a second character ability she hasn't gotten back to me.

How about keep the shotgun and add the ability that Trev mentioned? Then it would really fit the kind of Librarian that you would NOT want to have to tell you to be quiet more than once

'Shhhhh!'
Ka-chick *loads shotgun*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk