Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
DO ZOMBIES DISCARD??
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Wink DO ZOMBIES DISCARD??
Are Zombies supposed to discard after they use a card or can they hold on to a card and use it over and over?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2011, 05:23 PM
RE: DO ZOMBIES DISCARD??
(04-15-2011 05:10 PM)mikeydazombie Wrote:  Are Zombies supposed to discard after they use a card or can they hold on to a card and use it over and over?

Event cards are discarded after they are played, sort of a single use thing. There are also "environment" cards (forget their actual nomenclature) that remain in play...they don't really have things you can *do* so much as change rules globally, like making hero movement = -1, for example.

w.
04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
(04-15-2011 05:23 PM)willco Wrote:  
(04-15-2011 05:10 PM)mikeydazombie Wrote:  Are Zombies supposed to discard after they use a card or can they hold on to a card and use it over and over?

Event cards are discarded after they are played, sort of a single use thing. There are also "environment" cards (forget their actual nomenclature) that remain in play...they don't really have things you can *do* so much as change rules globally, like making hero movement = -1, for example.

w.

Thanks so much for helping me out with this.
So the environment cards we do not have to discard unless a hero card has a canceling card?
04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
(04-15-2011 05:29 PM)mikeydazombie Wrote:  

w.

So the environment cards we do not have to discard unless a hero card has a canceling card?

Correct...those stay *active* until something stops them, which is usually a Hero Card.

By the way, the cards usually say things like "Remains in Play", and they will have different key words like EVENT to help out in these areas.
04-17-2011, 07:49 AM
(04-15-2011 05:56 PM)willco Wrote:  
(04-15-2011 05:29 PM)mikeydazombie Wrote:  

Ok, so we played again tonight. I have a couple more questions. When playing 3 players 1 zombie 2 people playing 4 heroes. What exactly is the order? We played zombie goes first, than 1 person played both their players than the next player played their 2 characters than back to me the zombie. Is that right? Are there 4 moves before the next zombie turn?

Next question is; when a zombie moves in to attack and the player has a gun that kills with a roll of 4 and the zombie rolls a 6 does the 4 still count? Thanks so much for your help!

w.

Correct...those stay *active* until something stops them, which is usually a Hero Card.

By the way, the cards usually say things like "Remains in Play", and they will have different key words like EVENT to help out in these areas.
04-17-2011, 04:05 PM
"Ok, so we played again tonight. I have a couple more questions. When playing 3 players 1 zombie 2 people playing 4 heroes. What exactly is the order? We played zombie goes first, than 1 person played both their players than the next player played their 2 characters than back to me the zombie. Is that right? Are there 4 moves before the next zombie turn?

Next question is; when a zombie moves in to attack and the player has a gun that kills with a roll of 4 and the zombie rolls a 6 does the 4 still count? Thanks so much for your help!"

Ok, I had to dig through all that to find your questions. The zombie player always plays first, then the hero players go in whatever order they choose. It does not matter how many players there are, all heros take a turn.

A hero cannot use a ranged weapon during a "fight" with a zombie. Ranged weapons are only used during the ranged phase of the hero's turn.

Zombie Turn
ZP(s) complete the following steps in order:
1. Move the Sun Track Marker
2. Draw New Zombie Cards
3. Roll to Spawn New Zombies
4. Move Zombies
5. Fight
6. Place Newly Spawned Zombies

Hero Turn
Heroes take their turn in any order they wish. Each
Hero completes all of the following steps in order
before the next Hero takes his/her turn:
1. Move or Search Action
2. Exchange Items
3. Ranged Attack
4. Fight Zombies

Fights (hand-to-hand combat, not ranged attacks)
occur in both the Hero and Zombie turns.
Both players roll Fight Dice:
Heroes: 2D6 Zombies: 1D6
Zombies win on a tie.
A Zombie may not use more than one Fight card
per fight.
Hero cards with a Combat Bonus may only be used
once per fight (unless stated otherwise), though
more than one Combat Bonus may be used. Ranged
weapons may not be used in hand-to-hand fights.
After all cards and abilities have been used, both
players compare their highest Fight Dice roll:
If the Zombie wins, the Hero takes 1 Wound.
If the Hero wins, the Zombie is fended off; nothing
happens and the fight ends.
If the Hero wins and has rolled doubles on any of his
Fight Dice, the Zombie takes 1 Wound.

3. Ranged Attack
Heroes with a Ranged item may make one Ranged
attack. Choose a target within the Range listed on
the card (or in the same space) and in Line of Sight
(LOS), and follow the card instructions.

Hopefully this answers your questions. You can go here: http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html, for a great rules summary for when you are playing.
04-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Someone might have said this already but:
The zombie player can discard one card at the start of their turn, it helps if you have a card that just isn't useful at the time
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM

To simplify, aren't all of the zombie cards discarded after they are used UNLESS they specifically say "Remains in Play" on the card? I can't think of any cases right now where you use a card and keep it, even though it doesn't say "remains in play."

I would shamble day-in and day-out if I got to keep that card!
04-18-2011, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2011 09:02 PM by xraine69.)
Zombie player can play any or all cards from their hand. Any card played goes to the discard pile. Some cards say "remains in play" on them. These stay in play until cancelled. At the beginning of the ZP's turn, he may discard one card from his hand and then draws until he has a total hand size of four. If there are no more zombie cards in the deck, the discard pile is shuffled and becomes the draw deck. I think I covered every issue with a ZP's card handling.