Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DOUBLE YOUR PLEASURE (Terror?)
10-14-2010, 04:46 PM
DOUBLE YOUR PLEASURE (Terror?)
I call this a sequential game. It works best if the owner of the game(s) is the Zombie player in LNOE. Play the scenario where the players must escape in the truck (sorry, don't have my stuff with me, I can't recall the scenario name).

If the players succeed in getting out of town on the "road out of town" we assume, the Zombie player(s) immediately say "Not so fast" and lays out the circus board from IFOS and places the truck and the players on the squares marked "road to town".

He then announces that they have run out of gas just as they reached the circus only to find....IT'S UNDER ATTACK BY MEN FROM MARS"

(some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed)

Leave the LNOE board "frozen". If the hero players have any zombie "remains in play" cards on them they keep them and turn them face down with the character. They keep all cards from the LNOE game and may use them in the IFOS scenario (randomly drawn) until such time as they are discarded then the LNOE cards are returned to that deck and may not be used again in the IFOS scenario.

When characters replenish they draw from the IFOS character pool and draw Hero cards from the IFOS hero deck. The Zombie player(s) now become MARTIAN Players. Heroes are given an agility ability or 4+.

If, for any reason, the heroes decide the martians are too much for them they can rush back to town (on foot). They appear on that board at the "road out of town" and play resumes with a new scenario randomly drawn but with the zombies, etc still in place from the previous game.

Any heroes carrying zombie "remains in play" cards now turn them face up and they are again in effect. Weapons and events brought from the IFOS scenario are kept until discarded when they return to the appropriate IFOS deck and are no longer available to the Heroes. Power tokens carried over from the other game may still be used with circus characters and will still be awarded in the same way.

When you replenish characters during the resumed LNOE game, you draw from the LNOE pool of characters. Eliminated circus heroes are returned to that game and are no longer available. Yes, Jo-Jo the Dancing Bear can go to town with the characters.

Give that a try.

And oh, if the Froggies like the idea they can include a bunch of complimentary purple/black zombies and green/brown martians with the order I just placed with them. It would be much appreciated (wink wink, nudge nudge)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
RE: DOUBLE YOUR PLEASURE (Terror?)
Excellent! Well explained and nicely detailed. This layout of yours is ripe for exploration. BUT would definitely take a considerable time commitment Zombie17

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a character's agility is equal to their amount of possible wound markers, so all the Youthful high school students would have a 2+ and Sam would be on JoJo's level with a 4+.

umm... Also I'm pretty sure the Escape In the Truck scenario is named exactly that Watchmen02
10-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Excellent thought, so the youngsters are more agile. Works for me.

Well, normally when we play we play two or three games, each takes about an hour or so.

So playing two "sequenced" games wouldn't take any more time than our usual time commitment.

But if your group only plays one game and then does something else then it might be a problem.

If you are up for THREE games in sequence...I have another idea
10-14-2010, 06:41 PM
(10-14-2010 06:05 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  If you are up for THREE games in sequence...I have another idea

Stranger things have happened.
Last month we spent the entire weekend playing LNoE in preparation for Invasion.
Usually though, we don't play more than 2 games in a row. Unless it just happens to be a short game by chance drawings and die rolls, My group of friends often like to draw out the length of time we spend at the table. Plus, there always seems to be some debate about various effects and rule interpretations.

If it was known at the outset that 3 games were to be expected, perhaps things would be more streamlined and we'd plow through them quicker and with less discussion.

So what's your idea? o_O
10-14-2010, 07:31 PM
At the end of the second game, assuming the heroes have won...

"...a man in a Doctor's white smock crawls out of the rubble. He has popcorn in his hair, cotton candy on his face and his smock is smeared with blood (mostly his own).

"Thank god I've found someone alive. I'm Dr Seavers from the Ancor Chemical plant and I think I know how to destroy these creatures, ALL OF THEM!"

He then tells you about the toxic chemicals in a nearby town where his research facility was located.

All the players shout at once, "We've got to go back!"

There is just one problem...

"We're out of gas, how are we going to get there?"

"This circus must have generators to supply electricity, there is no electrical power out here. If they have generators they must have gasoline to power them. Look, look for the gasoline."

The gas is found the truck is filled and they immediately proceed to the free download scenario "WE'VE GOT TO GO BACK!"

Except for any LNOE cards the players may have on them reshuffle the LNOE Hero decks and Zombie decks including any discards from the previous LNOE game and off you go.

Circus Heroes tag along with their cards but new cards are drawn from the LNOE deck and any replenished heroes are drawn from the LNOE heroes.

Good luck.
10-16-2010, 05:20 PM
(10-14-2010 07:31 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  At the end of the second game, assuming the heroes have won...

"...a man in a Doctor's white smock crawls out of the rubble. He has popcorn in his hair, cotton candy on his face and his smock is smeared with blood (mostly his own).

"Thank god I've found someone alive. I'm Dr Seavers from the Ancor Chemical plant and I think I know how to destroy these creatures, ALL OF THEM!"

He then tells you about the toxic chemicals in a nearby town where his research facility was located.

All the players shout at once, "We've got to go back!"

There is just one problem...

"We're out of gas, how are we going to get there?"

"This circus must have generators to supply electricity, there is no electrical power out here. If they have generators they must have gasoline to power them. Look, look for the gasoline."

The gas is found the truck is filled and they immediately proceed to the free download scenario "WE'VE GOT TO GO BACK!"

Except for any LNOE cards the players may have on them reshuffle the LNOE Hero decks and Zombie decks including any discards from the previous LNOE game and off you go.

Circus Heroes tag along with their cards but new cards are drawn from the LNOE deck and any replenished heroes are drawn from the LNOE heroes.

Good luck.

Rockin. That would be an epic game. We've done stuff like that before with Twilight Creation's "Zombies" game, which my room mate managed to buy ALL the expansions for just before we discovered Last Night on Earth. With LNoE it's a much more dynamic game. This would truly be a whole day set up and play scenario! Or at least a half day Zombie17
10-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm thinking, with an experienced crew, you could play all three games in 4, 4.5 hours. With newbies it would take longer.

I'm going to write it all out and send my idea to the Frog.

I'm going to give it options like....A. You arrive at the circus to find it under attack by invaders from space...or B. You arrive at the circus to find it under attack from zombies as well....and then there will be rules for selecting the scenario and so on based on which threat the players are facing. The same option tree for the third game depending on what they found at the circus. Maybe a "C" option for the third game where the players face BOTH in a three way free for all. bwaahahahahaha.

Glad you liked the idea, I enjoyed discusssing it with you.

Skip