Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DOUBLE ZOMBIE GAME?
10-14-2010, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2010 02:58 PM by Skip Nicholson.)
DOUBLE ZOMBIE GAME?
Hey, has anyone tried to play a DOUBLE ZOMBIE game with Zombies invading the town and the Circus (boards joined at the "road") ???

I guess you could order some purple zombies and black zombies from the web-store and have 2-4 zombie players and 2-4 town/circus players.

Waddya think?
I guess you could the same thing with the Martians by ordering the Brown and Green Martians from the web-store.

Hey, I apologize if someone already thought of this OR it's mentioned in the main Martian rulebook. My copy of the Martian game won't be here until Monday. Sorry if I'm a little late to the party.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
RE: DOUBLE ZOMBIE GAME?
what did you have in mind.. 2 scenerios?

I've thought about that.. draw 2 scenerio cards and have the human players and zombie players go at it.. with 'any' victory conditions applying..

soundguy

(10-14-2010 02:56 PM)Skip Nicholson Wrote:  Hey, has anyone tried to play a DOUBLE ZOMBIE game with Zombies invading the town and the Circus (boards joined at the "road") ???

I guess you could order some purple zombies and black zombies from the web-store and have 2-4 zombie players and 2-4 town/circus players.

Waddya think?
I guess you could the same thing with the Martians by ordering the Brown and Green Martians from the web-store.

Hey, I apologize if someone already thought of this OR it's mentioned in the main Martian rulebook. My copy of the Martian game won't be here until Monday. Sorry if I'm a little late to the party.
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Moment I saw the Road Into Town I thought of this! There has to be a way to set up and play but I haven't seen anything in the rule book specifically addressing the "Road Into Town". Can't be coincidence though. Watchmen02
10-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey, I'm glad you folks like the idea.

Actually I was thinking of specially designed scenarios which would incorporate both boards and allow for cooperation between the Townies and the Carnies as well as cooperation between the Zombie players.

I think you could simply expand most of the existing scenarios to include both boards.

I was also thinking you could have a sequenced game. Say you are playing the truck scenario in LNOE and they heroes get in the truck and get out of town and drive by THE CIRCUS.....LNOE part deux! Either have more Zombies OR Martians. The surviving LNOE folks either go it alone against the new threat OR when they replenish they replenish with Circus Heroes OR they drive in and find the Circus folks besieged and try to help them out while the remaining Zombies in town FOLLOW THEM! hahahahaha.

This is stream of consciousness thinking here.

Of course you could reverse the process and have the Circus folk beat a hasty retreat to town to find reinforcements and find the town under siege, etc etc etc
10-14-2010, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2010 04:43 PM by Raynor.)
Very ... very .... cool. Gonna have to try something like that. If you do it first, let us know how it goes Zombie17

Did a custom multiple part scenario once myself. We set up everything so that the heroes started with 5 heroes instead of the usual 4, but one of their number was the mastermind necromancer. The game was almost split entirely in two, divided between the points where the players, zombie and human, knew which character was the bad one.

Still, not quite the same thing. Previously, unless you went out and bought two boards, or had friends who also had the game, you wouldn't be able to do the thing you're talking about. Now though...

More ideas. Perhaps have two entirely separate games going at once. Not in sequence, but rather simultaneous, with overlapping elements. Something like the two player chess variant, where two teams of white and black are formed and you get to use your partner's captured pieces on your board, comes to mind.
10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Grand idea Raynor. Try out the sequential game if you get a chance.

Skip