Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Damn and Blast!!!!
06-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Damn and Blast!!!!
Just found out that Guillermo del Toro will no longer be directing The Hobbit....if it ever see the light of day, of course!! Insane19

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment...204138.stm

He has passed on it as the delays caused by MGM's financial worries don't look to be resolved any time soon.

Maybe, Jackson will do it himself in the end.

On the plus side maybe del Toro will make The Mountains of Madness film which he has talked about for ages. Del Toro taking on Lovecraft would be great! Zombie17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2010, 12:55 PM
RE: Damn and Blast!!!!
I was a bit bummed when I heard that del Toro was going to do THE HOBBIT, because THE MOUNTAIN OF MADNESS was going to be pushed back because of it.

I'd much rather see Jackson do the Hobbit, and del Toro tackle the great old ones...

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Of course, if all it takes to direct is to be a fat guy with a beard, I'm more than qualified.

Zalgo....he comes.
06-02-2010, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2010 02:00 PM by zombie67.)
supervike Wrote:Of course, if all it takes to direct is to be a fat guy with a beard, I'm more than qualified.
[Image: guillermo-del-toro-peter-jackson.jpg]

Mmmm...Fat blokes with beards directing.....I think we are both qualified, Vike:

[Image: VikeDelToroZombieJackson.jpg]

Zombie17 Zombie17 Zombie17
06-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I believe I read that Jackson won't be directing it either.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
He wasn't supposed to be but due to the ongoing delays he may end up having to. Which director is going to sign on to a project that is not actually greenlit by MGM and if they go under there could be even more delays.

At the end of the day it may take another couple of years to see production begin and del Toro may be free when it is ready to roll, just at the moment it all looks very much in doubt!
06-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Just found this on IMDB:

Quote:It now appears that Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson could wind up directing the two-part Rings prequel, The Hobbit, after all. Following the decision by director Guillermo del Toro to walk away from the production because of the delays brought about by the protracted sale of MGM, which owns the rights to the The Hobbit and is coproducing the movie with Warner Bros., Jackson’s manager said that prior commitments to other studios would prevent Jackson from directing The Hobbit. But Jackson told New Zealand’s The Dominion Post today (Tuesday), “If that’s what I have to do to protect Warner Bros’ investment, then obviously that’s one angle which I’ll explore.” And it did appear that it was unlikely that another top director could be brought on board until after the sale of MGM is completed — whenever that may be. And even Jackson himself might find himself involved in making another film by that time. “The other studios may not let me out of the contracts,” he told the Dominion Post. “The key thing is that we don’t intend to shut the project down,” he added. Meanwhile, Del Toro told the New Zealand newspaper that he had moved his family to Wellington two years ago to work on the script and the development of the movie and noted that he had dreamed of turning The Hobbit into a movie from the time he was a child. “So it was very personal to me,” he said. “I know [the delays have] been very frustrating for everybody.”
06-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Lovely pictures.

That duo never looked so good.

My beard isn't really that ginger... (and actually nowadays, its mostly white...)

Zalgo....he comes.
06-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Hey how about Uwe Boll for Director...???

I'm kidding,it's just a joke like most of his films...LOL
06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
fallensaviour Wrote:Hey how about Uwe Boll for Director...???

I came so close to push my Super Mod weight around there. Zombie03

How dare you even joke about something like that!!

No mentioning of Uwe Boll in this forum..okay? Zombie17 Zombie17