Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dawn of the Zeds
11-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Dawn of the Zeds
I've just ordered this today. I don't know much about it, other than reading that it's one of the best solo games around. Has anyone here played it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: Dawn of the Zeds
I have it and I think it's great! Certainly gives you the feel of Zombie Hordes descending down different routes to converge on the town. The best thing is just when you think you've won - you haven't! Read the rules carefully - they could be laid out better.

VPG are not a big company but they take great care over the design of their games. I like the touches of detail - the zombie pieces have bite marks!

I also have Zulus on the Ramparts by the same company which is a top game too.
11-24-2014, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 11:24 PM by FruitEatingBear.)
Funnily enough, Joel Eddy's review mentions the exact same game. I'll see whether I like this one first, I guess, and if so then I'll know what's next on the list!

Edit: My goodness, I just skimmed the rulebook online. I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew, here, if you'll pardon the analogy.
11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
What a great game! I've played three times now, have lost all three disastrously, but can't wait for more. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of Victory Point's minimalistic approach to components, but a spot of pimping should sort that out.

Highly recommended.
11-29-2014, 12:46 PM
(11-29-2014 12:19 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  What a great game! I've played three times now, have lost all three disastrously, but can't wait for more.

Well now there is more with an expansion just released!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameex...ectors-cut
11-29-2014, 05:50 PM
VP Games puts out some cool stuff, oddly enough I don't have any of them.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
11-29-2014, 06:44 PM
(11-29-2014 12:46 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(11-29-2014 12:19 PM)FruitEatingBear Wrote:  What a great game! I've played three times now, have lost all three disastrously, but can't wait for more.

Well now there is more with an expansion just released!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameex...ectors-cut

Ordered!

If the mark of a good game is the speed you play it, this game's the greatest of all. I started normally, was absolutely cruising through the middle of it, and then they hi me HARD at the end. I was desperate for the National Guard to turn up, so desperate that I'm sure I made loads of tactical and rules mistakes. My heart was pumping!

I lost.