Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DayZ?
07-13-2012, 05:40 PM
DayZ?
Has anyone on here actually played this? All the videos look really interesting, but I'd love to know if it is actually fun to play or if it's all hype...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: DayZ?
im actually wondering about this too, esp. since the pack of ArmaII you need to play it is on sale on steam for another 10 hrs or so

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
07-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Looks great but I've yet to try it out. I hear they're releasing it as a standalone game by the end of the year with improved zombie models/animation, so I might have a look at it then.
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Believe the hype. This is one cool Zombie Survival Sim. Forget about the running and gunning of L4D. This is all about staying alive. The zombies will swarm you if you're careless. Your fellow man, will kill you over a can of beans (or just for giggles). You might starve or bleed to death. If you want arcade action, then steer clear. This one is more about avoiding conflict and minimizing your risks. You'll be forced into situations like sneaking into a zed infested town, just to find food or water. Limited ammo and weapons make this a challenge to go head-to-head against looters and zombies. But, exploration and taking chances can yield you better guns, more ammo, and even gear (matches, hunting knives, etc) that will allow you to live off the land. Fun and tense game. Oh yeah, there's not much in the way of player aids, so until you find a map in-game, you better keep a web browser handy for a real map.
08-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely waiting for the Standalone Release while they iron out the bugs and gameplay. I have a friend playing it and he absolutely loves it.
08-30-2012, 06:05 AM
I seen a couple streams of this game. It looks pretty cool I like the idea. I hope they add more to u though. Like fortified building for u and your friends to take over and protect. Going to wait for the stand alone release though.