Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Island: Riptide
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 02:48 PM by alderdust.)
Dead Island: Riptide
This is set to release this April 2013!

[Image: DeadIslandRiptide.jpg]

The characters thought they had escaped the terrors of Banoi and survived the apocalypse on a corrupted paradise. Their fate took a turn for the worse. The Dead Island heroes escaped in a helicopter to the safety of a military ship, but when a furious storm hits and the virus suddenly spreads throughout the crew, the nightmare starts all over again, leaving hope drowning in the rising tides.

Here is a youtube video of some gameplay and a mission.

http://youtu.be/O29F-b9nWTY

Any thoughts on the upcoming sequel?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: Dead Island: Riptide
loved the first, will probably love this one no matter what, so long as it has alright gameplay/story i'll love it, anything with zombies gets easy ratings from me.
02-08-2013, 04:32 PM
The first game was really good in my opinion. One thing they could have done (and this is generally always my opinion on zom games) is have many more zombies but make them slower. Dead island zombies are pretty quick. However I think this game will be just as good as the first one if not better!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
02-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Looks like alot of the same game play mechanics just a new updated story
02-09-2013, 02:56 AM
yea after watching the video it doesn't look like a lot has changed which is slightly disappointing but at least it means they didn't ruin the gameplay, was especially not impressed at how they acted like boats were such a "new" feature, they are just like the trucks from the first game, hardly different enough to be considered as a new feature.

can always look forward to new weapons (new playable characters? hopefully with significantly different abilities), new weird zombies, and can only hope for some legitimate new gameplay features.
02-09-2013, 03:33 AM
Yeah looks like story is mostly what is gonna be new.
02-17-2013, 05:56 AM
I like that you can import your characters from the first game. I had so much fun building up characters in the first game (level 52 Xian, level 23 Logan, level 26 Purna, level 18 Sam). They really play differently (if you build them in a way that maximizes their unique abilities).

Overall it doesn't look like too many changes, but some of the articles reference a "holding action" type mission (i.e. defend a location). One article mentioned placing traps/turrets/etc. That would be really cool.

I know the first game caught a ton of flak for glitches/game save issues (I lost some hours of progress early on), but the developers did continue to patch/support the game. They even raised the level cap to 60 and added 10 weapon mods, well after the game was released.

Hopefully the next game will be more polished.
02-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Th holding a position missions look pretty cool, being able to put up fences and what not. Here's some game play from said holding out activities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29F-b9n...ata_player

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
06-21-2013, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 04:11 AM by DavidK.)
This is one of the game that I looking for, games with killing, shooting, adventure and war. This is also similar on the game play of Left Dead and War Z and I would like to know if one of you already have a beta.

06-21-2013, 01:49 AM
This came out in April I think