Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Island: Riptide
06-21-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Dead Island: Riptide
I honestly found the first Dead Island a terrific game. If Riptide is is anything like it I am sure I will love it. I am just waiting until a platinum or GOTY eventually comes out. Or at least until I can buy it for a little less.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2013, 01:08 AM
i wish i could find survival instinct for the pc. I heard on the web it was coming out. just have not seen where?
06-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Dead Island: Riptide
Personally thought the first one sucked. I'll probably give this a go when it hits bargain bins for the zombies, but I just couldn't get into dead island. I played through the story once and then couldn't be arsed with picking it up again. Found it far too repetitive.

Does anyone know if they've made any great steps forward in offering some variety in this one?
06-25-2013, 11:11 PM
i also must admit i wast completely impressed with DI. may have to get riptide. dunno
06-26-2013, 01:10 PM
How I view Dead island, is Call of Duty, single player just with zombies. It is not a thought provoking game. However I did find that I felt a sense of dread when exploring the island, especially, for some reason, the city of Moresby. Just hearing all the cries of the undead while quietly sneaking around, not knowing where they will pop up, that's what really did it for me. Game mechanics were simplified albeit, and story was a bit weak, but environment really brought flavor to the game.
06-26-2013, 01:36 PM
i thought item manipulation was kludgy...
06-27-2013, 11:37 AM
(06-26-2013 01:36 PM)soundguy Wrote:  i thought item manipulation was kludgy...

Yeah it def wasn't as cool as it sounded
06-27-2013, 01:28 PM
i would have prefered an islandy feel of an engine like left for dead... maybee some additional itme finds and role plae aspect needing to tag certain locations.. go to certain places.. all easy to accomplish with the LFD engine..
11-22-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2013 03:34 PM by surv.)
Dead Island reminded me of another zombie game app so much

very similar stuff. the guy claims to have made it in 2 years all by himself.