Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Nation - Downloadable game.
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Dead Nation - Downloadable game.
PS3 users may remember a while back when the PlayStation Network was down for a long time straight. If I recall, I think it actually had something to do with hackers. After taking forever, PlayStation finally got it fixed. As an apology to fans, the allowed us all two downloadable games for free, from a list of certain games.

One of the ones I chose was Dead Nation. It is a zombie game. I downloaded it, and promptly forgot all about it, as I was playing other stuff at the time.

It sat for a while until the wife and I visited a friend for a board game night and they introduced us to Last Night On Earth. (The story I've already told here many times. LOL!) I INSTANTLY put LNOE on my birthday list. Problem is, my birthday was a couple months away. So, with my zombie obsession now sparked anew, how to feed it (pun intended, LOL) until my birthday came along?

That was what brought me to finally play Dead Nation. It is definitely not one of the best video games you would ever want to play. Probably not even one of the best zombie games. The graphics were... okay. But, I LOVED this game anyway. It was a lot of fun. I loved the different kinds of zombies, I loved the different weapons. I had a lot of fun with that game!

Anybody else ever play that one?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2012 09:03 AM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Dead Nation - Downloadable game.
I got it too during the blackout. Maybe I didn't give it a chance but I thought it was lame, same goes for Burn Zombie Burn.
06-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Amazing! The electric gun is really powerful. I wish I knew that the first time around! Unfortunately my PS3 bit the dust, but I got my moneys worth. (It was free)

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
06-25-2012, 05:39 PM
(06-23-2012 01:07 AM)D153453D Wrote:  Amazing! The electric gun is really powerful. I wish I knew that the first time around! Unfortunately my PS3 bit the dust, but I got my moneys worth. (It was free)

Did you get the infamous Yellow Light of Death? If so, do you still have it, or did you junk it already? I ask because I actually had that happen to my PlayStation. I did some research online, and was able to find several places that actually repair PS3's and other consoles. They have dealt with the Yellow Light of Death, X-Box 360's Red Ring of Death, etc.

I actually found a place near me, so we took it there and they were able to fix it. So far so good. It has been a few months and it is still working. They only give a 6 month warrantee, but they did say that, though they cannot guarantee anything, some people with the same problem brought their console in, and this wound up being a pretty permanent fix.

So, it is worth it if you still have the PS3 to at least give that a try. See if you can find a place near you that does the same thing.
06-26-2012, 06:05 AM
It was the blinking red light of death. Turn it on ad it immediate turns off.

I plan on removing the HD and baking it. I've got a buddy who baked his 360 and its worked few 2+ years since. I just haven't had the time. It died on my playing Dead Space 2 so I never got to finish it.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
06-26-2012, 05:51 PM
(06-26-2012 06:05 AM)D153453D Wrote:  It was the blinking red light of death. Turn it on ad it immediate turns off.

I plan on removing the HD and baking it. I've got a buddy who baked his 360 and its worked few 2+ years since. I just haven't had the time. It died on my playing Dead Space 2 so I never got to finish it.

Well, that certainly works too if you know what you are doing. Saves you money too if you are able to do it yourself. Though, the price from the place we took ours actually wasn't too bad. Good luck! I hope you can get it up and working.
07-13-2012, 04:31 AM
I actually liked playing Dead Nation. But then again, i like aerial view shooters. And with the game being zombie themed, it was a must for me. Though i haven't played it in a while. Also, got the DLC for it. LoL.