Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Rising
05-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Dead Rising
[Image: Dead-Rising.jpg]
Since I saw that there is no topic about this incredible zombie game I decided to make one

Dead Rising is a game exclusive for xbox 360, a typical zombie game, typical? not at all, dead rising was one of the most original zombie games ever, comes from the distant 2006 and from Capcom.

In the game we control Frank, a photographer who had some information about something strange that was happening in the city of Willamete, a small town almost indifferent,where the most important thing to do there was to wander the mall.

Frank has hired a helicopter to take him to the city which is under military surveillance, he wants to cover the subject and become famous, from the first moment he realizes that the city has been flooded by zombies and he becomes stuck at the mall.

But he is not alone, in the mall is a bunch of people trapped, an HQ is made ​​and the action begins.
Frank must know what has happened in order to fulfill his mission, the game has 2 types of missions the Cases and the Scoops, the Cases are essentially the Primary Objectives while Scoops are Secondary.

While in Cases we will learn what has happened, in the scoops we can investigate the mall for survivors or psychopaths, the survivors must be taken to our HQ while the psychopaths must be neutralized.

[Image: dead-rising-xbox-360-clown.jpg]

Frank has 72 hours from the time he sets foot, until the helicopter comes back to get him, and time is something very important in this game.

Time runs fast and if you take your time you will lose the mission, you will often have to choose who to leave behind and will not have the time to do it all.

http://www.xboxvicio.com/imagenes1/XBOX3...sing_5.jpg

The game is very addictive but also very frustrating because of the saving system, you can save only at headquarters or in any mall toilet but there is only one save slot (per storage device, so with a usb stick you can have one more and so on) and lots of times the save will be in a very difficult point regarding our time so you will not have time to bring out your missions. But because 72 hours is relatively low so I guess this was to have a good challenge rating and a replay value.

The climate of the game is the best I've met, hundreds of zombies on screen at the same time given the choice to slash them or avoid them, it creates quite a sense of entrapment and paranoia, in general although the game can frustrate you to the max, it is one of my favorites.

some of the points that make it an original idea

Frank, as a photographer captures images which give us Prestige Points (the xp for that game)

We can use almost anything we want for a weapon, from bats and fire extinguishers to benches, shelves and buckets of paint.

The game has an option to save & quit, which means to start from scratch but with the experience level that Frank had when we quit.

Quick point:
Possitive: originality, addiction level, hundreds of zombies
Negatives: Save system, some bugs especially in survivors AI

Allthough 2 more dead rising retail(Dead Rising 2,Dead Rising 2:Off The Record) titles, and 2 downloadable(Dead Rising:Case Zero,Dead Rising:Case West) are out IMHO the original Dead Rising is the best of all!

Sorry for my English i try the best i can Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: Dead Rising
I'm not so familiar with this game but I think it is also a type of zombie game that a player can enjoy to play and I think it is also a combination or RPG and action game.

Free online zombie games
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply