Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deadlands Board Game
12-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Deadlands Board Game
Media Release
Todd A. Breitenstein
President
Twilight Creations, Inc.
Phone: 859-442-0598
E-Mail: todd.b@fuse.net

December 2, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Deadlands board game to be released in 2009
Twilight Creations, Inc., the publishers of the popular Zombies!!! Board game, has reached an agreement with Pinnacle Entertainment Group to create a board game from their award-winning, best-selling Deadlands property.

The game, to be designed by Kerry and Todd Breitenstein of Twilight Creations with input from Shane Hensley, the creator of Deadlands, is set for initial release in June. “This will be one of the largest releases we have ever done,” said Mr. Breitenstein. “We really love the Deadlands world and we hope it shows in the final product.”

“We have been toying with the board game idea for a long time,” said Mr. Hensley. “Todd and Kerry have been big supporters and great friends from the beginning and I really look forward to seeing what we can do with it.”

Originally released in 1996, Deadlands has been a consistent seller and is considered one of the classic, core products in the hobby-game industry. The ground-breaking game was the first roleplaying game to combine classic western elements with magic and horror. It has spun off many expansions, supplements and ancillary products including comics, miniatures, collectible card games, and short stories.

“We are tremendously excited,” said Twilight Creations’ President Todd Breitenstein adding, “This is going to be a great product for everyone who’s ever loved Deadlands.”

Twilight Creations, Inc., founded in 2002, is a Kentucky board game publisher based in the city of Cold Spring. In addition to the Zombies!!! line, Twilight Creations also publishes many successful lines such as the Haunting House series and ZombieTown.

Pinnacle Entertainment Group is based in Gilbert, Arizona and was founded in 1994. The Deadlands RPG was created and released in 1996, and can still be found at better game stores everywhere, and online at http://www.peginc.com.

So Interesting?-I like the Deadlands Theme but never got onto the RPG or the Card Game.A Board game does rather peak my
interest.

Twlight Creations has never impressed me,although I have
their Midevil Series & When Darkness Falls Stuff,probably
won't be up to FFP Standards but I'll check it out for the
Theme .

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2008, 12:13 AM
RE: Deadlands Board Game
I don't know much about Deadlands.....what is it? Apocalyptic cowboys?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2008, 12:37 AM
looks sweet dude... i love zombies!!! .. the simplicity of it is fun.[/b]

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
HM.

I LOVE Deadlands...like, a TON.

So I will gladly look closer at this...but if it is too much like Zombies, I don't know if it'll be worth it.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Toungue RE: Deadlands Board Game
Nice find Dwarf! Playing board games improves your chance of surviving the Zombie Apocalypse.Zombie03
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Deadlands is probably my favorite RPG universe and Deadlands: Doomtown was my favorite CCG back in the day. The prospect of a board game is wonderful. I can't wait to get my hands on it, if I have a chance.
05-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Smile RE: Deadlands Board Game
n107 Wrote:Deadlands is probably my favorite RPG universe and Deadlands: Doomtown was my favorite CCG back in the day. The prospect of a board game is wonderful. I can't wait to get my hands on it, if I have a chance.

Ah! Who doesnt remember Stone, City of Lost Angels, The Black Circle, BlackJack Jackson and the Whateleys...

Definetely one of the best RPGs we have played (the original and second edition before the d20 system)... If you dont know Deadlands, it is featured in the Weird West (nope not the movie) an alternate past where the civil war rages on, and the fine border between Hell and our world collapses. Play it either as a Western game with horror elements, or a horror game with western elements. Oh yeah, and if you are "lucky" your character will return as a kind of zombie gunslinger.

Great fun, and it brought new ideas and blood to the rpg genre.

Doomtown, the CCG for Deadlands is in my opinion the best CCG system ever made, and it keeps the story from the RPG and all the neat things.

However I have my doubts about the coming game. Mostly because of the group who designs it. I really really really hope it will be good... Watchmen02

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
05-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Doomtown, the CCG is one of my all-time favorites.

It comes and goes on/off of the 10 spot on my BGG Top 10 List. That means it's really good to me, hehe!

But, I am a bit skeptical, if I may say so, about Twilight doing this right. Everything I have ever experienced from them is...weak. To say the least.

It would be a pity if they screw this up, too.
Sigh.
08-27-2009, 04:21 PM
With more info and pics released, I am getting a tad more excited about this release.
I agree that the artwork and colouring is a little dull...bleak...drab, if you will.
But, it's the Old, Wierd West! What did you want, neon?
Zombie03
08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Here's the BGG Link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/39798

Looks liks the "Board" is 12 Town Tiles-I guess they
would be set up different ways?

I'ts interesting enough for me to chec further into it.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: