Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Death Trooperes
12-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Death Trooperes
Has anyone read this book, or listened to the audio book? I was thinking about picking it up at the store, but I had never heard of it, but I mean, star wars zombies? what could be better Zombie14
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2010, 11:57 PM
RE: Death Trooperes
Sounds Interesting:

Product Description
When the Imperial prison barge Purge—temporary home to five hundred of the galaxy’s most ruthless killers, rebels, scoundrels, and thieves—breaks down in a distant part of space, its only hope appears to lie with a Star Destroyer found drifting and seemingly abandoned. But when a boarding party from the Purge is sent to scavenge for parts, only half of them come back—bringing with them a horrific disease so lethal that within hours nearly all aboard the Purge die in ways too hideous to imagine.

And death is only the beginning.

The Purge’s half-dozen survivors will do whatever it takes to stay alive. But nothing can prepare them for what lies waiting aboard the Star Destroyer. For the dead are rising: soulless, unstoppable, and unspeakably hungry.

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-30-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm reading it right now.
It comes realy cheap (check play.com + free shipping) and it reads quite interesting.
At first I thought it would have been a carefull write so to speak, being star wars and all they do not tend to get gory. But I was pleasantly surprised.
I'm now at the outbreak part of the book (first couple of chapters) and they do describe what happens to the victims realy good.

Maybe the only downside (for non SW fans) right now might be that you do not always know what the species look like.
They talk about Rodians en Devish but if you don't know what they look like this can be a little downer since they do not describe them.
I've been into the vintage toys since I was little so I can imagine what most of them look like. But don't let this stop you from getting this paperback.
Just google the species and I'm sure you will find how they look Zombie03

And I've read somewhere that Han Solo and Chewbacce might be on the prisonbarge as well. Haven't come across them.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2010, 12:41 AM
That's good to hear, ill have to pick it up next time I see it.
12-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Glad I could help Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user