Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Deck Building
06-21-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Deck Building
I personally like the comparatively bloated deck sizes, really... I find that my players are happier if the 'Hero Deck Runs Out' lose condition never becomes an issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Like the original concept pack of your rules... maybe i'de try it...

However what to do if the hero deck ends?

Also i would go in both cases with 60 cards decks
dividing 15 for each L-shaped piece

and allowing the choice of only 30 cards for each side... making the other 30 random...

But i'm 100% sure i will give it a try...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
06-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Have you ever counted? How many cards does each deck have in total now?

LNoE Basic Deck = 40
LNoE Advanced Deck = 20
Growing Hunger= 25
Stock Up= 5
Revenge of the Dead = 5
Zombie Pilliage = 5
Special Ed. Soundtrack = 1
Radioactive Zombies with Grave Weapons = 1
Survival of the Fittest = 1
Hero Pack 1 = 5
Advanced Abilities = 4

A total of 112 cards for each deck

(you can also get promo cards which are the same as a few of the other cards the differance is they have a alternate picture on them.)

To look up the names on the cards see here http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Card_List

Hope this helps Zombie13
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
(06-21-2012 10:08 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote:  I personally like the comparatively bloated deck sizes, really... I find that my players are happier if the 'Hero Deck Runs Out' lose condition never becomes an issue.

I actually have to kind of agree with you here. I'm honestly not terribly fond of the stipulation that the heroes can lose if the zombies somehow cause the discard of the last card in the hero deck. (Note: In case, anybody was confused, if a hero takes the last card in the hero deck, this does NOT result in an automatic zombie win. It is only when the zombie player(s) somehow cause the last hero card to be discarded.)

So far, it hasn't even come close to coming up any time we've played, but I just think it is kind of a lame way for the game to end. Plus, it is one of the few things I can't quite understand how that would thematically fit into the game. I mean, as much as it would be a major inconvenience to run out of supplies/weapons/etc. during a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't automatically mean the end. You would still at least want to try to survive. I mean, especially considering that just because the last card was discarded doesn't mean your heroes don't still have weapons and other cards on them.

(06-21-2012 05:33 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Have you ever counted? How many cards does each deck have in total now?

LNoE Basic Deck = 40
LNoE Advanced Deck = 20
Growing Hunger= 25
Stock Up= 5
Revenge of the Dead = 5
Zombie Pilliage = 5
Special Ed. Soundtrack = 1
Radioactive Zombies with Grave Weapons = 1
Survival of the Fittest = 1
Hero Pack 1 = 5
Advanced Abilities = 4

A total of 112 cards for each deck

(you can also get promo cards which are the same as a few of the other cards the differance is they have a alternate picture on them.)

To look up the names on the cards see here http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index...._Card_List

Hope this helps Zombie13

Wow! Thanks for counting, samuraitrev. That is quite a lot. Yet, somehow I can't help feeling like that is awesome! Now I want to collect them all! LOL!
06-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Out of all the sets I'm missing the 'Radioactive Zombies with Grave Weapons'. I will order them with Timber Peak. (Zombie card Here They Come and Hero card Pitch Fork and Flashlight)

MUST HAVE EVERYTHING Gaghhh...
06-22-2012, 02:55 AM
It's also worth noting that Zombie Pillage seems designed more for large decks than small. I'd *much* rather play that scenario with a large deck, where the Town Deck has the standard 45 and the Hero Deck is still a decent size. I can't imagine a 20-card Hero Deck being much fun, playing the scenario with nothing but its own little expansion and the base set.
06-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh maybe I miscommunicated.

For Zombie Pillage and related scenarios you would still put 45 of the remaining cards for the town deck. They would simply be placeholders for the pillage mechanism. For all other scenarios Hero cannot lose by having no deck. Simple enough, lame way to lose anyways.
06-22-2012, 07:45 PM
(06-22-2012 02:55 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote:  It's also worth noting that Zombie Pillage seems designed more for large decks than small. I'd *much* rather play that scenario with a large deck, where the Town Deck has the standard 45 and the Hero Deck is still a decent size. I can't imagine a 20-card Hero Deck being much fun, playing the scenario with nothing but its own little expansion and the base set.

Yeah, that's why I honestly wasn't that impressed with the scenario for Zombie Pillage. Right now, I only have the basic game. So, that wouldn't leave me very much in my deck to actually get to use. Though, I will certainly still want to pick Zombie Pillage up once I have some of the expansions, so my deck is a bit bigger.