Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Decrease in Interest?
06-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Decrease in Interest?
I was just curious if anyone thought that since Blood in the Forest was released there has been an overall decrease in interest in the LNOE community here and on BGG. It seems like we are on the downhill for the series due to lack of posts etc. Does anyone else think this way? I know people get busy and come and go but it seems like there are less and less people talking about it nowadays.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2014, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 04:10 PM by mqstout.)
RE: Decrease in Interest?
I've had decreased interest since Timber Peak and I haven't even played BITF yet (though I have it). Part of it is friends moving away, but part of it is I don't like the "new balance" of TP.

I am, however, playing FANG as much as ever.

Speaking of... Did you convince your wife to let you go to GenCon?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Haha I didnt convince her to let me go. I think I convinced her to let me have once a month board game days were me and friends get together for 8+ hours and play boardgames all day...that was a surprise and I didnt want to push it too far yet. I probably will try to go to BGGcon or Gencon next year for sure and use that as the "boardgame" day with me and friends. If I can talk them into it. THey are more likely to want to go to comiccon though
06-05-2014, 04:22 PM
What don't you like about TP?

I only got to play a few times before getting TP, but I happen to really like the upgrade system in TP.

As for the original question, I have a lot of difficulty finding anyone to play zombie themed games with.

The LNOE franchise may or may not be on the downhill side (although not with me), but the genre itself seems to be hard to get people interested in.
06-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Quality over quantity for me as regards to this site being quiet. I know I'm not going anywhere soon and I hope you guys stick around too.

As to the shift in balance I too actually like the upgrade system. Yes, you do have even more decks of cards on the table. But I do think the Heroes do need the help. I think there were balance issues that crept into the game once all the expansions were obtained. I think TP was an effort to redress that balance. With much more powerful weapons, tougher characters and the Experience system.

Good post though Alderdust. If it were up to me this game would be a household name. You could get games everywhere...Maybe one dayWatchmen02
06-05-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm still fairly new to the game as a whole, I only picked it up a few months ago and am looking forward to getting future expansions. I think like anything, it probably just has to do with novelty. for me and my friends, it's still new and different so we play like once a week. but i imagine 3 years from now, it'll probably be a game that only gets pulled out once every couple of months more for nostalgia than love of the game, but i think that's sort of the natural progression of gaming. And since it is what 4 years old, I think a lot of people have hit that point.

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
06-05-2014, 04:48 PM
There is generally probably a slow down of forum activity due to the season. Less folks inside on their computers. Less folks indoors playing board games, and more folks outside during this time of year. My desire to play has not waned but time, the season and availability of gamers is the issue for me.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
06-05-2014, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014 05:46 PM by alderdust.)
(06-05-2014 04:42 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Quality over quantity for me as regards to this site being quiet. I know I'm not going anywhere soon and I hope you guys stick around too.

As to the shift in balance I too actually like the upgrade system. Yes, you do have even more decks of cards on the table. But I do think the Heroes do need the help. I think there were balance issues that crept into the game once all the expansions were obtained. I think TP was an effort to redress that balance. With much more powerful weapons, tougher characters and the Experience system.

Good post though Alderdust. If it were up to me this game would be a household name. You could get games everywhere...Maybe one dayWatchmen02

I love the game and love to play with my group of friends who have been with it from the beginning. I would never turn down a game with anyone. You would think with the Walking Dead being so popular this would be Recently we introduced a few new people and the immediate comment was that the table looked "intimidating" with all the new card decks and tokens etc. I love the experience upgrade to it and other balancing acts the expansions have added. I hope that an expansion rarely comes because like you said I want quality over quantity. I would rather have 1 expansion every 5 years that was awesome than have 1 per year, but thats not how companies see it. They see it as a way to milk money from the game while its hot and pump expansions out sometimes 2 or 3 times per year.

(06-05-2014 04:48 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  There is generally probably a slow down of forum activity due to the season. Less folks inside on their computers. Less folks indoors playing board games, and more folks outside during this time of year. My desire to play has not waned but time, the season and availability of gamers is the issue for me.

This is true. I know that most of my gaming happens with my wife and she doesnt like LNOE because she feels its "too intense" and has too much thinking involved. She would rather play Forbidden Desert, Pandemic, or Takenoko or other light games. But I understand I have a core group of friends from highschool and we get together often enough and its everyones favorite game. Granted Shadows Over Camelot have been a big hit recently due to the face we have had 8 Players.
06-06-2014, 03:56 PM
As others have mentioned, I think it is more a number of things. With Timber Peak and Blood in the Forest already being out, the activity has died down because there isn't currently anything all LNOE fans are excited about that is coming out soon. So, there isn't anything new to discuss.

At the same time, it is kind of that time of year where people start to remember that there is actually something more to the world than the inside of your house/apartment/work. LOL! So, it is always a bit slower around this time.

These boards do tend to have times when they are packed and busy, and times when things are a little slower. No biggie. With The Walking Dead being so popular, I don't think the zombie theme in general is dying out (no pun intended, LOL) just yet. But, even if and when it does, there will still be plenty of us full time zombie nuts and board game nerds here to talk about this game endlessly. ;-)

I, for one, still visit this site at least a couple times a week to join a few conversations here in there, start some of my own threads, and generally just hang around to see what is going on.
06-06-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm not dead yet. Every now and then I browse by the site to see if there is anything new. The game hasn't been seeing the table as much these days as players have had a taste for more euroish games. My recent streak of wins as zombies may be discouraging play. Blood in the forest may get bought eventually but I've only got so many board game dollars to go around.