Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Decrease in Interest?
06-18-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: Decrease in Interest?
(06-17-2014 10:08 PM)ch82 Wrote:  MTG was a really fun game until they bloated it all to hell with gimmicks.
Favourite was hypnotic specters + hymn to tourach + racks.
Throw in some swamp mosquito for poison trollage

it's now a pay to play service pretty much.

they put out a new set every 3 months.. and the new cards are mor epowerfull than old cards.. if your cards are a year old.. you almost can't play against someone with a new deck.. pretty sad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Lost my password for the site recently clearly just got it back! Haven't played in a while but I do this with all my games I get REALLY into them then I actually get kinda irritated when other people want to play and I don't. lol Plan on breaking it out again soon for a game night though! Hope everyone is doing well

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2015, 02:21 AM
Four of my friends and I just learned about LNOE and have become fast fans. Watchmen02 The only card-bearing expansions we don't have yet are BitF and the Special Edition Soundtrack.

So far we've played the core game a few times, also the Revenge of the Dead scenario, and have just started using the Growing Hunger expansion. We're excited to try SotF soon and use those barricades.

So whether people have been losing interest as a whole, I don't know, but amongst my friends it's now gaining traction :-)
03-02-2015, 03:19 AM
Always good to see new flesh just picking up the game.
03-02-2015, 01:16 PM
(03-02-2015 03:19 AM)mqstout Wrote:  Always good to see new flesh just picking up the game.

And Posting about it here on TZG Watchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-02-2015, 03:39 PM
would be a good game for snowed in people!
03-03-2015, 05:24 PM
It's not got expansions coming out in a never ending stream but for me that's a good thing. Some games can be over saturated with add ons and I think it might put off new gamers.

For me the game is always fresh as I keep adding another set of Zombies or make another custom Townsfolk or convert a 2D token into a 3D object. The list is endless. Only problem is my 6 month old lad needs to hurry up and learn to sleep straight through the night so we can game againZombie17

Also random scenarios, characters and board sections mean every game plays differently.
03-06-2015, 10:26 PM
I honestly havent picked up LNOE in over 6 months...the main reason is the large set up/take down time with all the expansions. Since I own them all I want to incorporate them all. It just makes for a long set up. Since then I have played alot of other games such as Shadows over Camelot and Dead of Winter which has taken my group by storm. They all still love LNOE and occasionally suggest it but if we decide to play it on our game days we can only play like 2-3 scenarios in our 8 hours and then the day is over. However other games we can play about 6 games or so of since it has a shorter play time and setup time.
03-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Me either, no know for a bit.
03-07-2015, 01:17 AM
Don't play with everything. It's easy to drop barricades, unique items/tactics and special zombies.