Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Defend the Manor House scenario
08-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Defend the Manor House scenario
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this has been asked before, but are there any strategies for the zombie player(s) if the heroes just run around the edge boards using zombie hunger to keep zombies away from the Manor House?

Our game this weekend was very frustrating for me because I couldn't catch the heroes fast enough to force fights even with the extra movement cards (early meat cleaver and revolver finds).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2015, 01:10 AM
RE: Defend the Manor House scenario
That's the primary strategy for the heroes to use. My counter? Spread the zombies out -- in clusters -- around the house. If they're luring the zombies, they're going to get MULTIPLE zombie fights, not just one. Be wary if they have a shotgun, of course...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2015, 08:34 PM
This is my only issue with defend the manor house. Because there is no limit to the amount of heroes that the zombies can kill (unless they kill them all of course) they can spend the entire scenario being human bait.

My group has made a house rule that the zombies can win by killing 4 heroes. This seems to keep the baiting to a minimum and still allow for a close game.

"I don't always play Last Night on Earth, but when I do, I prefer to play zombies"
09-16-2015, 11:26 PM
(09-16-2015 08:34 PM)graffd02 Wrote:  My group has made a house rule that the zombies can win by killing 4

That's not a house rule that IS the actual rule in most Scenarios.

'In addition to the normal Objectives, in any Scenario (unless specifically stated otherwise) the Zombies automatically win the game if: they kill Four (4) Heroes (This includes turning Heroes into Zombies in the Advanced Game)'
Last Night on Earth Rulebook (p.17)

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
09-17-2015, 06:12 AM
Thanks samuraitrev.

This should help next time. I think that also opting out of some of the card effects like Lights Out (if possible to not place zombies in the house) when the building choice is less than favourable will help too. I had a bunch of spawn cards that spread my zombies very thin, making it hard to gang up on the heroes.
09-17-2015, 06:54 PM
(09-16-2015 11:26 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  That's not a house rule that IS the actual rule in most Scenarios.

'In addition to the normal Objectives, in any Scenario (unless specifically stated otherwise) the Zombies automatically win the game if: they kill Four (4) Heroes (This includes turning Heroes into Zombies in the Advanced Game)'

Gadzooks! This changes everything!

"I don't always play Last Night on Earth, but when I do, I prefer to play zombies"
09-17-2015, 09:20 PM
(09-17-2015 06:54 PM)graffd02 Wrote:  
(09-16-2015 11:26 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  That's not a house rule that IS the actual rule in most Scenarios.

Gadzooks! This changes everything!

If you've missed that; you may have missed other things. Give the rules another read, you may find something else. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I will help if I can.

Happy gamingWatchmen02